FS: 55cm Seiber track bike set up for street use - $600 (craigslist / Portland)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2006

      FS: 55cm Seiber track bike set up for street use - $600

      Reply to: sale-156598145@...
      Date: 2006-05-01, 8:36PM PDT

      55cm lugged steel track frame, most likely a Seiber
      <http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Switzerland/Sieber_main.htm>, 40+ years old,
      with matching fork. Frame and fork are both drilled for brakes. Italian-thread
      BB, 100mm spacing up front, 120 in back, 1" headset, and I think a 26.8
      seatpost. Frame is a bit beat up, but still rides great and looks hot too.
      Components as follows:

      - 32h Sun aero rims (very similar to Velocity Deep Vs, though not quite as
      nice) laced to black Formula (i.e. IRO, Soma, Velocity) cartidge-bearing track
      hubs w/ black butted Wheelsmith spokes and black brass nips.
      - Vredstein Ricorso tires.
      - 15t Dura Ace 1/8" cog.
      - Shimano 600 crank w/ 42t 3/32" ring.
      - Shimano UN72 BB.
      - Old Campy headset (which is pretty rough--could use new bearings, though last
      time I looked the races were getting kinda pitted too).
      - Generic stem.
      - Flipped/chopped drops w/ old Grip Shift grips on the end.
      - Generic Sakae seatpost and SDG seat.
      - No pedals (the Eggbeaters pictured do not come with).
      - SRAM PC-1 1/8" chain

      Wheels/tires/cog/chain are practically new, the other bits are used. Pretty
      much set up for street riding right now, but w/ some drops and a 48t chainring,
      would work well on the track too. I did my first century on it last year with a
      48x17 and drops, so I can vouch for its versatility. I don't even really want
      to sell it, but it's always been too small for me, and just doesn't get ridden
      now that I have a larger bike. $600/OBO, cash only, located in downtown PDX.
      Might consider full/partial trades for a decent 57-59cm road bike/frame or some
      nice track hubs/wheels.

      this is in or around Downtown PDX

      http://portland.craigslist.org/bik/156598145.html