Classic Bianchi Road Bike frame - $150 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2006

      Classic Bianchi Road Bike frame - $150

      Reply to: sale-155886946@...
      Date: 2006-04-29, 5:32PM EDT

      This is a classic steel Bianchi Reparto Corse frame. Made in Italy from
      Columbus Nivacrom tubing. I'm not sure of the exact year, but I'd say it's
      early 90s. Fully chromed under the beautiful pearl celeste green paint, with
      chainstays and seatstays showing chrome. Unbelievable classic looks.

      This is not a show frame--there are a number of nicks/chips in the paint, but
      very few penetrate the chrome, so rust is minimal and there are no structural
      issues. Chrome stays have some small pits and surface rust, but again, nothing
      structural. Fine steel wool, a little polishing, and some clearcoat would
      restore their beauty.

      I bought this frame to make sure I wanted to make the jump back to lugged
      steel bikes, and it was just the thing. Light, stiff and fast, yet with a
      supple ride that has to be felt to be believed. If it had really fit me, I'd
      still be riding it, but it was just too small. Now I'm riding a steel custom.

      Comes with like-new Campagnolo Chorus headset, ITM stem (110mm), 42mm wide old-
      school Cinelli aluminum bars, and un-branded Mizuno carbon fork with aluminum
      steerer. Dropouts are 135mm spaced, so they'll handle the newest stuff you
      have without spreading (I had it built up with Campy 10). I believe it takes
      an English Bottom Bracket, but I'm not 100% sure anymore. It has very slightly
      elongated dropouts, but not enough to make it a great candidate for a single
      speed or fixed gear, IMO.

      Ready to build up and ride in style!

      Head Tube: 135mm (not including headset)
      Top Tube (c-c): 56 cm
      Seat Tube (c-c): 56 cm

      http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/bik/155886946.html