FS: Bontrager CX Cyclocross Bike

  • DB
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10 8:03 PM
      I am selling my handbuilt Bontrager CX cyclocross racing bike in
      excellent condition. The size is a Large, with a 54cm seat tube and a
      58.1cm effective top tube measured center to center. Standover is
      32.4 inches with a slightly sloping top tube. This bike would fit
      someone approx. 5 ft 10 or over, depending on body type.

      This is a superior 'cross bike for racing or road/off recreational road riding.

      The frame and fork was designed by Keith Bontrager and handmade in
      Bontrager's shop in Santa Cruz, CA - the TIG welds are immaculately
      done. Tubing is highest quality double butted True Temper steel - it
      is an extremely light steel bike. Ask the racers - they will tell you
      this is one of the finest cyclocross racing bikes ever designed and
      built. There are no dings, dents or rust on this frame; the flaws are
      limited to a few small cosmetic scratches.

      This frame features the Keith Bontrager designed and built curved
      blade fork, not the Steelman straight blade fork used a few years
      later for this model.

      The components are top quality and range from new to excellent
      condition - Shimano Ultegra 600 crankset, XT front derailler, LX
      rear derailler, 8 speed indexed Dura Ace barend shifters, XT
      cassette, and Suntour XC Pro cantilever brakes with Shimano levers.
      The bike also includes a Chris King headset, Salsa steel stem and a
      USE XCR suspension seatpost, the best and lightest available.

      The wheelset: up front is a Syncros hub radially laced to a Sun ME14A
      rim. Rear hub is Ultegra laced to a Sun ME14A rim. Both are 32 spoke.
      Tires are Ritchey CrossMax with very little wear. No pedals included.

      Priced to sell quickly - I am asking $799 plus shipping.

      I have pics I can email upon request. Contact me off list with any
      questions. Thanks for looking.
      -Dan Borden