Chemical Free Beekeeping TalkShoe podcast - speaker Janet Brisson

  • santiagosabejas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2013
      Tonight TalkShoe Podcast on Chemical free Beekeeping
      - By Janet Brisson
      Follow this link below:
      http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/125630

      Phone Number: (724) 444-7444

      Call ID: 125630
      Chemical Free Beekeeping By Janet Brisson

      Tonight, Thursday Feb 7th at 7 PM Mountain/6 PM Pacific time we will have
      Country Rubes' Janet Brisson Speaking on Chemical Free Beekeeping, and the
      Country Rubes Combo screened bottom boards.
      Hosted by: NM Bees moderator (hey, that's me)
      You must be signed up with the free service TalkShoe at TalkShoe.com. I would
      suggest signing up as soon as you can so that come 9 PM Eastern/8 PM Central/ 7
      PM Mountain/ 6 PM Pacific time, you wont miss a thing. TalkShoe is neat because
      you log on with your the username and password you set up, call up with the
      number listed below and follow the prompts, ( putting in call ID also below).
      The best thing is you can do it from the comfort of your own home. So, don't
      miss what is going to be a great Podcast. After Janet speaks their will be a
      question and answer time and you can ask Janet any question you wantÂ…preferably
      on topic, but it could be anything beekeeping related.

      Now a bit about our speaker:
      Janet Brisson and her husband Mike have been a self-sufficient family and
      organic farmers for over 30 years. In 1995 they were forced to become hobbyist
      beekeepers due to lack of pollination as bees were losing their fight against
      the insidious Varroa mites. Horrified to discover that even the most
      organic-minded beekeepers were driven to use some type of chemical to save their
      bees, the Brisson' researched and started building and using screened bottom
      boards along with intensive drone brood management to reduce their chemical use.
      After 10 years and various adaptations of SBB's, they re-discovered using
      powdered sugar as an effective way of detaching Varroa mites and have been
      chemical free since the beginning of 2005. One final modification of their
      screened bottom board to make using powdered sugar easy, the Brisson' developed
      their product, the Country Rubes Combo Screened Bottom Board, that has become
      nationally available to beekeepers. Janet's program "Healthy Bees &
      Environmentally Friendly Varroa Control" discusses how to monitor and manage
      your hives, bees and varroa mites using screened bottom boards, powdered sugar,
      drone brood manipulations and Small and Natural Cell Beekeeping has been given
      at Conferences and clubs throughout the United States.
      Well, that is all, please come and join us. Janet is a wonderful speaker I've
      listened to her before and I promise you will walk away from this podcast with a
      little bit more knowledge than you started. Happy Beekeeping and see you
      tonight.
      From Santiago, Bob, and Kitty Happy Beekeeping!!
      Title: EPISODE2 – Chemicial Free Beekeeping, and Combo Screened Board
      Time: 02/07/2013 09:00 PM EST Hosted by: New Mexico BeesEpisode Notes: Thursday
      Feb 7th at 7 PM Mountain/6 PM Pacific time. Speaker: Janet Brisson of Country
      Rubes' Topic: Chemical Free Beekeeping, and the Country Rubes Combo Screened
      Bottom Board .