Bee Source

  • eireannegillis
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 13, 2012
      Hi Everyone :)

      Anyone know of a local bee source to southern california near palm springs? Mail order bees can't make the trip in the summer so I have a heck of a time ordering them by mail.

      Thank you,
      Erin
    • Richard Rosewitz
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 14, 2012
        Is Glenn Apiaries still in operation in Fallbrook?
        If so, you would have to tote bees over some low mountains to get to Palm Springs, but that would be do-able.

        To: BKASC@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 14, 2012

          I thought Glenn Apiaries sold only queens.

          Dick

          LB Beeks

          To: BKASC@yahoogroups.com
          From: gilliserinn@...
          Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:25:12 +0000

        • seancrowley@roadrunner.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 14, 2012
            Glenn Apiaries is a queen breeder for queen producers. You can buy a queen from them but it is going to cost you approximately $200 verses $20 from a queen producer. I do not believe they sell packages.

            Sean

            ---- Dick Barnes <dickbarnes@...> wrote:
            > I thought Glenn Apiaries sold only queens.
            >

            > Dick
            >
            > LB Beeks

          • Sean Crowley
            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 14, 2012

              Erin,

              What are you interested in getting, a hive, a 5 frame nuc or a 3 lb package and a queen? How many hives are you interested in setting up?  When I get back from pollination I will probably be splitting my hives and could sell you a five frame nuc or nucs if you are interested. It will be sometime in March. You would be able to pick them up in Fullerton . Let me know if you have any interest.

              Sean

              Anyone know of a local bee source to southern california near palm springs ? Mail order bees can't make the trip in the summer so I have a heck of a time ordering them by mail.

              Thank you,
              Erin

            • David Wada
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 15, 2012
                Hello Sean
                 Yes, I want buy 5 frame . pls let me know how to I buy it.
                I have a mountain 320 acres.
                David Wada

                What are you interested in getting, a hive, a 5 frame nuc or a 3 lb package and a queen? How many hives are you interested in setting up?  When I get back from pollination I will probably be splitting my hives and could sell you a five frame nuc or nucs if you are interested. It will be sometime in March. You would be able to pick them up in Fullerton . Let me know if you have any interest.

                Sean

                Anyone know of a local bee source to southern california near palm springs ? Mail order bees can't make the trip in the summer so I have a heck of a time ordering them by mail.

                Thank you,
                Erin

              • Josip Benko
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 15, 2012
                  Hello Erin,
                  Bees are everywhere, so why you not attach yourself for someone who has bees or work with them. You could go with someone to rescue bees or got swarm coming spring next year. Any club is willing help you.
                  JB

                  Message 8 of 26 , Dec 15, 2012

                    Hi David,

                    Basically when I get back from pollinating my hives will be bursting with bees. I am going to split them and raise some new queens. Once I am sure that the hives have a laying queen I will be ready to sell them. How many would you like to buy? Where is your mountain property? If you would like to give me a call at 714-225-2434 I can discuss it further with you.

                    I will look forward to chatting with you.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Dec 17, 2012
                      Glenn queens are not $200 so do not give false information please.
                      I have an apiary in Indio and next year will have plenty of nucs from those bees.

                      ---- Dick Barnes <mailto:dickbarnes%40earthlink.net> wrote:
                      > I thought Glenn Apiaries sold only queens.
                      >

                      > Dick
                      >
                      > LB Beeks

                    • DAVE SPERLING
                      Message 10 of 26 , Dec 17, 2012
                        andreirn@... When you make a personal attack on someone by accusing them of providing "false information" don't you think you should provide evidence?  Where is your evidence for this accusation?  What is the price of a queen from Glenn?  I did not do an exhaustive investigation but I could not find pricing on Glenn Apiaries's web-site (http://www.glenn-apiaries.com/).

                        To: BKASC@yahoogroups.com
                        CC: dickbarnes@...
                        From: andreirn@...
                        Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:21:14 -0800

                        Glenn queens are not $200 so do not give false information please.
                        I have an apiary in Indio and next year will have plenty of nucs from those bees.

                        Glenn Apiaries is a queen breeder for queen producers. You can buy a queen from them but it is going to cost you approximately $200 verses $20 from a queen producer. I do not believe they sell packages.

                        Sean

                        ---- Dick Barnes <mailto:dickbarnes%40earthlink.net> wrote:
                        > I thought Glenn Apiaries sold only queens.
                        >

                        > Dick
                        >
                        > LB Beeks

                      • radu nastase
                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 17, 2012
                          I visited Tom few times and at that time he was selling his pedigree queens for $100.
                          I talked with him last Saturday at a bee event in his area.
                          It is not nice at all to scare new commers with this kind of wrong info.
                          .

                          To: BKASC@yahoogroups.com CC: dickbarnes@... From: andreirn@... Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:21:14 -0800 Subject: Re: [BASC] Bee Source
                          Glenn queens are not $200 so do not give false information please.
                          I have an apiary in Indio and next year will have plenty of nucs from those bees.

                          Glenn Apiaries is a queen breeder for queen producers. You can buy a queen from them but it is going to cost you approximately $200 verses $20 from a queen producer. I do not believe they sell packages. Sean ---- Dick Barnes <mailto:dickbarnes%40earthlink.net> wrote: > I thought Glenn Apiaries sold only queens. > > > > Dick > > LB Beeks > > > > From: mailto:BKASC%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:BKASC%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of > Richard Rosewitz > Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 4:01 PM > To: mailto:bkasc%40yahoogroups.com > Subject: RE: [BASC] Bee Source > > > > > > Is Glenn Apiaries still in operation in Fallbrook? > If so, you would have to tote bees over some low mountains to get to Palm > Springs, but that would be do-able. > > > _____ > > To: mailto:BKASC%40yahoogroups.com > From: mailto:gilliserinn%40gmail.com > Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:25:12 +0000 > Subject: [BASC] Bee Source > > > > Hi Everyone :) > > Anyone know of a local bee source to southern california near palm springs? > Mail order bees can't make the trip in the summer so I have a heck of a time > ordering them by mail. > > Thank you, > Erin > > > > >
                        • DAVE SPERLING
                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 17, 2012
                              Well when you spoke with Tom last Saturday I guess he forgot to mention that  "Tom and Suki Glenn have retired and are no longer producing and selling breeder queens."  (http://www.glenn-apiaries.com/retirement.html ).  The "kind of wrong info" would be to state that Tom is still in the queen bee business. Your buddy Tom has provided  "For sources queens, see our  referral list  "  (  http://www.glenn-apiaries.com/queenproducers.html ).  So a discussion of his pricing is irrelevant considering he is retired / out of business and are no longer producing and selling breeder queens.

                            To: BKASC@yahoogroups.com
                            CC: dickbarnes@...

                            To: BKASC@yahoogroups.com CC: dickbarnes@... From: andreirn@... Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:21:14 -0800 Subject: Re: [BASC] Bee Source

                              To: BKASC@yahoogroups.com CC: dickbarnes@... From: andreirn@... Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:21:14 -0800 Subject: Re: [BASC] Bee Source

                              Message 14 of 26 , Dec 17, 2012
                                And Glenn's never provided production queens, only breeders, which are used for producing queens, and often times the daughter queens would need to be mated with local drones for
                                good production traits.  Only Queen Breeders would be purchasing queens from  Glenn's.  But as I remember Andre, you don't buy many queens, your quite good
                                at raising your own, even here in Africanized bee country -  Southern California.

                                Good sources of production queens would be C.F. Koehnen's and Sons, Olivarez Honey Bees, the two biggest in California.  Only Olivarez has Hygenic options (varroa resistant).

                                rob.

                                From:        radu nastase <andreirn@...>
                                To:        "BKASC@yahoogroups.com" <BKASC@yahoogroups.com>,
                                Date:        12/17/2012 10:40 AM
                                Sent by:        BKASC@yahoogroups.com

                                From: "seancrowley@..." <seancrowley@...>
                                To:
                                BKASC@yahoogroups.com
                                Glenn Apiaries is a queen breeder for queen producers. You can buy a queen from them but it is going to cost you approximately $200 verses $20 from a queen producer. I do not believe they sell packages. Sean ---- Dick Barnes <mailto:dickbarnes%40earthlink.net> wrote: > I thought Glenn Apiaries sold only queens. > > > > Dick > > LB Beeks > > > > From: mailto:BKASC%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:BKASC%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of > Richard Rosewitz > Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 4:01 PM > To: mailto:bkasc%40yahoogroups.com

                                > Subject: RE: [BASC] Bee Source > > > > > > Is Glenn
                                Apiaries still in operation in Fallbrook? > If so, you would have to tote bees over some low mountains to get to Palm > Springs, but that would be do-able. > > > _____ > > To: mailto:BKASC%40yahoogroups.com
                                mailto:gilliserinn%40gmail.com > Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:25:12 +0000 > Subject: [BASC] Bee Source > > > > Hi Everyone :) > > Anyone know of a local bee source to southern california near palm springs? > Mail order bees can't make the trip in the summer so I have a heck of a time > ordering them by mail. > > Thank you, > Erin > > > > >

                              • David S
                                Message 15 of 26 , Dec 17, 2012
                                  Rob, or anyone else have you used Olivarez Honey Bees queens. The last few times I bought from Cohen and sons and would like to try someone else to see if any better.

                                  David

                                • fst68chero@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Dec 17, 2012
                                    These crazy nonsense comments are why I do not go to any BASC meeting anymore. You people argue about everything. I find it very comical. I believe the original comment was about acquiring some bees. I am sorry for the person who began this thread. If you read this get your wooden wear ready in this off season and be ready for package/nucs in the spring. They can be purchased from some of the commercial guys down by the salton sea.
                                  • David Wada
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Dec 18, 2012
                                      Hello Sean,

                                      I am interested in 3 queen bees. I have never cultivated a bee colony and want to run a test year. Please advise. Thanks, Sean!

                                      -David

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 28 1:31 PM

                                        Hello everyone,

                                        There is a BASC club meeting tonight. I will be presenting an hour to hour and a half long PowerPoint presentation on pollinating almonds this evening. If you ever wondered what it takes to pollinate almonds you will not want to miss tonight. I describe the process and have lots of photos from our most recent trip up with 101 hives.

                                        I look forward to seeing everyone.

                                        Sean Crowley

                                      • avagts
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 28 2:25 PM
                                          Can you post your pp presentation for those of us who can't attend?

                                          Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 28 2:50 PM

                                            I would be happy to do so however it is a 53.1 MB file so I am not sure as to where I would post it. It is too large for email I believe. I am using it as a basis for the talk and go into more detail while presenting it too. I hope you can make it.

                                            Sean

                                            Can you post your pp presentation for those of us who can't attend?

                                            Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

                                            There is a BASC club meeting tonight. I will be presenting an hour to hour and a half long PowerPoint presentation on pollinating almonds this evening. If you ever wondered what it takes to pollinate almonds you will not want to miss tonight. I describe the process and have lots of photos from our most recent trip up with 101 hives.

                                            I look forward to seeing everyone.

                                            Sean Crowley

                                          • Rob Stone
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 28 2:52 PM
                                              hi sean, u put a ton of work into that....only send it to someone u trust......dont post it.

                                              Rob Stone
                                              Schenker, Inc.
                                              Technical Support Specialist
                                              17300 Redhill Ave, Suite 210
                                              Irvine, Ca, 92604
                                              Phone (949) 225-8221
                                              WWW.DBSCHENKER.COM
                                              Rob.Stone@...

                                              From:        "Sean Crowley" <seancrowley@...>
                                              To:        <BKASC@yahoogroups.com>,
                                              Date:        03/28/2013 02:50 PM
                                              Sent by:        BKASC@yahoogroups.com

                                              I would be happy to do so however it is a 53.1 MB file so I am not sure as to where I would post it. It is too large for email I believe. I am using it as a basis for the talk and go into more detail while presenting it too. I hope you can make it.

                                              Sean

                                              RE: [BASC] ALMOND POLLINATION LECTURE TONIGHT

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 28 3:01 PM
                                                Sorry I can't make it. Can you try to email it to me, maybe in pieces if whole file is too big? Could you post it to the club website?  Thanks for your effort, wish I could attend.
                                                How many hives do you take? Do you take others? I heard that there is a shortage of bees.

                                                Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

                                                I would be happy to do so however it is a 53.1 MB file so I am not sure as to where I would post it. It is too large for email I believe. I am using it as a basis for the talk and go into more detail while presenting it too. I hope you can make it.

                                                Sean

                                                Can you post your pp presentation for those of us who can't attend?

                                                Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

                                                There is a BASC club meeting tonight. I will be presenting an hour to hour and a half long PowerPoint presentation on pollinating almonds this evening. If you ever wondered what it takes to pollinate almonds you will not want to miss tonight. I describe the process and have lots of photos from our most recent trip up with 101 hives.

                                                I look forward to seeing everyone.

                                                Sean Crowley

                                              • jose santoyo

                                                  From:        "Sean Crowley" <seancrowley@...>
                                                  To:        <BKASC@yahoogroups.com>,
                                                  Date:        03/28/2013 02:50 PM

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jun 26, 2014
                                                    We have 7 hives in Huntington Beach and the city has given us 14 days to remove them.  Does anyone have a location for 7 producing hives?  Please contact me if you can or if you have any questions.
                                                    Thanks for your help,

                                                    Dave Sperling
                                                    714-351-1716
                                                  • Advancing Life Skills
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Jun 26, 2014
                                                      Hello,  We would like 2 hives.  We can pickup them this weekend.   Please let us know.  cell  number is 714-360-9049    thanks much  Mona

                                                      On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM, DAVE SPERLING scylla341@... [BKASC] <BKASC@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                                      We have 7 hives in Huntington Beach and the city has given us 14 days to remove them.  Does anyone have a location for 7 producing hives?  Please contact me if you can or if you have any questions.
                                                      Thanks for your help,

                                                      Dave Sperling

                                                    • Rudy Martinez