Wax Melter

  • Denis Hebert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2012
      Hello fellow beekeepers...

      Are any of you using a wax melter??

      If so, where can I buy locally (beside online), where I can go and pick it up instead of paying shipping, and have it right away....

      Also, what are the pros and cons of using a wax melter.

      Your comments are always welcome.

      Thank you, and enjoy the Holiday.

      Denis Hebert
    • Gregg Finley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2012
        Denis,

        I built a wax melter a while back.  I used two deep boxes using four incandescent bulbs for my heat source.  I collect the wax in a 9x13x2 inch pan.  Heat is kept from going to high by a thermostatic switch intended for an electric water heater.  Guess I can take some pictures if you are interested.  I live in Upland if you want to see it in person.

        Gregg

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2012
          Hello, and thank you for the offer...

          I think I have found a wax melter already for use.

          Thanks again.