Swarn needs removal

  • Denis Hebert
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
      To all bee keepers...

      My neighbor has a swarm located in his outside electrical box that needs to be removed... Currrently the electricity is off to the building so it can be removed... Hence, he needs someone with experience with this asap.

      Just give me a call, and I can give you the address, etc.

      Talk to you soon.

      Denis
      714.686.2347
    • vagts
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
        Hi Denis,

        The rescue you listed is in Stanton, out of the area for me. You said that some of the club members do not charge for rescues and I would like a list of these since most of the beekeepers I know have to charge -- beehives are not free and you must have these to put rescued bees in.

        Nice to hear that I got you started in beekeeping; I hope you find it as fulfilling as I do. I wish we had a better rescue network with rescuers names/cities and phone numbers; it is more effective if you do local rescues -- I only do rescues now in Anaheim/Orange/Fullerton and refer the rest to others. When I can find them.

        Anyone posting rescues in the club blog should always put the city the bees are in so local beekeepers can follow up, most of us dont make a living doing this and thus restricted by locality.

        Best,

            Arnold

        Arnold Vagts,  PhD
        Research Psychologist
        (714) 535-5078 (cell/office)
        Anaheim, CA USA
        92806-5601

        avagts@...

        On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Denis Hebert <Dhebert@...> wrote:

        To all bee keepers...

        My neighbor has a swarm located in his outside electrical box that needs to be removed... Currrently the electricity is off to the building so it can be removed... Hence, he needs someone with experience with this asap.

        Just give me a call, and I can give you the address, etc.

        Talk to you soon.

        Denis

      • Dick Barnes
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012

          Howdy all…

          It’s nice to see a rescue pop up on the BKASC email list.

          I rescue swarms and do simple cutouts in the Long Beach and nearby areas.

          And the new Long Beach Local Beekeepers club does rescues in the same area.

          Dick Barnes

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
            Dick, Hi...

            thanks for the response.

            I just came back from my neighbors... and apparently the bees are behind the electrical panel.. what happened is, is an electrical problem... and, Edison said to call their insurance for a contractor to deal with the electrical... after the contractor removes the electrical stuff, that is when access to the bees will be available... I will keep you posted.

            Denis

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012

              Howdy back, Denis….

              Great….depending on the timing, I could give it a shot….if it’s a swarm, the bees might leave when the electrical contractor starts to work… if they’ve established a hive back there, maybe not….and I wonder if a contractor would hire on to work that close to a bee hive!?

              Dick