1351RE: [BASC] February BIG Program

  • Richard
    Feb 20, 2014
      What is meant by "hive regulation" ?

      To: BKASC@yahoogroups.com
      From: wd6esz@...
      Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:04:14 -0800
      Subject: [BASC] February BIG Program

      MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

      This month we are fortunate to have Peter Borst fly here to California and speak at our General Meeting as well as a special program the following evening.
      Dr. Peter Loring Borst has worked in the beekeeping industry since his first job working as beekeeper’s helper in Wolcott NY, in 1974. In the late 1970s he helped run a beekeeping supply store in the San Diego area, where he served beekeepers of all levels of expertise. In addition to selling equipment and supplies, he was able to get an especially broad viewpoint of their problems and concerns.
      Among other things, Peter was Senior Apiarist at Cornell’s Dyce Lab for Honey Bee Research for seven years. He was an apiary inspector for New York State from 2006 to 2008. He is currently employed at Cornell. He currently is vice president of the Finger Lakes Bee Club.
      Peter is a regular contributor to the American Bee Journal, writing on topics as diverse as beekeeping technique, the composition and value of pollen for bees, and the history of bee breeding. He enjoys presenting selections from his many photographs of bees, flowers, and apiaries to local clubs.

      Peter’s first program will be about hive splitting at our regular meeting night:
      Thursday Feb. 27th
      6:30PM PST
      La Mirada Community Resource Center
      13710 La Mirada Blvd.,
      La Mirada, CA 90638
      Admission is absolutely free as our general club meetings are always open to the public and invite EVERYBODY to come!

      And then the following evening, we will have him speak at a dinner meeting where he will talk about hive regulation and swarming on:
      Friday Feb. 28th
      6:30PM
      HIVE REGULATION/SWARMING
      Citrus Valley Association of REALTORS®
      504 E. Route 66
      Glendora, CA 91740
      Admission of $10 will include dinner of pizza and drinks.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic