Re: [BIRDING-NZ] Possible Manx Shearwater in Cook Strait

  • Stuart and Alison Chambers
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
      Sav

      Further to your Manx - from what you wrote it could well be a Manx. The clean black and white and white underwing seems to be the difference between them and flutters. I have seen Manx in UK and they do seem more black and white. They are recorded in NZ waters occasionally.

      Stuart Chambers
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
        Thanks Stuart,

        Are there really other NZ records apart from the 2 beachcast specimens?

        Sav