Re: BCX LE Help Version 5.12 beta 13, June 1, 2008

  • Kevin Diggins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      --- In BCX@yahoogroups.com, "rwishlaw" <irwishlaw@...> wrote:

      > BCX LE Help Version 5.12 beta 13, June 1, 2008
      > is available as BCXHelp.chm in the directory ...

      Robert,

      Thank you for the unexpected surprise -- I wasn't expecting a limited
      edition of the BCXHELP. If we are to have one, the following pages
      should be removed:

      $PRJ and $PRJUSE directives
      $PROJECT directive

      and the BCX bc.exe Command Line Usage should be edited by removing
      the references relating to the switches: -m (and) -n

      You certainly have the deciding vote on this next thought but I
      think all BCX users deserve the benefit of the complete BCXHELP file,
      not only the Limited Edition of the BCX Help file.

      Therefore, my recommendation is to store all (Limited Edition)
      material in the BCX_Limited_Edition folder and to store the complete
      version of BCXHELP in the BCX_Help_Files folder.

      I have updated the LE zip file and description by including a copy
      of your BCX LE BCXHELP. If you make changes to the LE help file,
      please store those in the BCX_Limited_Edition folder.

      I very much appreciate all that you've contributed to the BCX project
      over the years and hope to continue our friendship and collaboration
      for many more.

      Sincerely,
      Kevin
    • rwishlaw
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
        --- In BCX@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Diggins" <ktdiggins@...> wrote:

        > --- In BCX@yahoogroups.com, "rwishlaw" <irwishlaw@> wrote:
        > >
        > > BCX LE Help Version 5.12 beta 13, June 1, 2008
        > > is available as BCXHelp.chm in the directory ...
        >
        > Robert,
        >
        > Thank you for the unexpected surprise -- I wasn't expecting a
        limited
        > edition of the BCXHELP. If we are to have one, the following pages
        > should be removed:
        >
        > $PRJ and $PRJUSE directives
        > $PROJECT directive
        >
        > and the BCX bc.exe Command Line Usage should be edited by removing
        > the references relating to the switches: -m (and) -n
        >

        > You certainly have the deciding vote on this next thought but I
        > think all BCX users deserve the benefit of the complete BCXHELP
        file,
        > not only the Limited Edition of the BCX Help file.
        >
        > Therefore, my recommendation is to store all (Limited Edition)
        > material in the BCX_Limited_Edition folder and to store the
        complete
        > version of BCXHELP in the BCX_Help_Files folder.

        Hi Kevin:

        I have restored the full BCX Help file to its former location and
        have also revised it to include Vic McClung's section on "Building
        the BCX Runtime Libraries" which I had removed from the file in early
        March.

        > I have updated the LE zip file and description by including a copy
        > of your BCX LE BCXHELP. If you make changes to the LE help file,
        > please store those in the BCX_Limited_Edition folder.

        I have modified the BCXLEHelp.chm according to your wishes and have
        placed a copy in the BCX_Limited_Edition folder.

        > I very much appreciate all that you've contributed to the BCX
        project
        > over the years and hope to continue our friendship and collaboration
        > for many more.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Kevin

        Please let me know if there is more that needs to be done and please
        feel free to make any modification that you want should you decide to
        edit the Help file youself.

        May we be granted the health, time and interest to see this further.

        Robert Wishlaw