Error msgs

  • Doyle Whisenant
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2000
      First of all, I am new to this group and would like to say hi to all.
      Kevin knows me as I have corresponded with him before. I wrote the
      "BCXEditor" example in the distribution. (I know it's not complete and
      full of errors!) I also sent Kevin a sample showing how to add a toolbar
      to your application. Anyway I have gotten back to trying to work on the
      editor again and when I try to compile the *.exe I get the following
      error msg:

      Error bcxedit.c: 65 redeclaration of `WinMain' previously declared at
      c:\lcc\include\win.h 13413

      Line 65 in bcxedit.c is: extern long APIENTRY WinMain (HWND, HWND,
      LPSTR, int);

      This is the original source and compiled fine before. I have since
      downloaded a newer ver of lcc-Win32. Could this have anything to do with
      the error msg? Any suggestions appreciated!

      Now on the message board I noticed that Kevin (I think?) mentioned
      writing snippets of code to use in BCX, sort of a "library" for commonly
      used code snippets. If someone would give an example of using multiple
      source files with BCX that would be great! I am wondering how you would
      declare the variables, both in the main file and in the "included"
      files.

      Thanks!

      --
      Doyle Whisenant
      mechanic@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2000
        Ahoy Doyle!

        This statement in BCX ...

        Function WinMain (hInst as HWND,hPrev as HWND,CmdParam$,CmdShow)

        ...produces this working statement in LCC-Win32

        extern int APIENTRY WinMain (HWND, HWND, char *, int);

        This doesn't work with the latest version of LCC-Win32 ...
        extern long APIENTRY WinMain (HWND, HWND, LPSTR, int);

        Hope That Helps ...