WorldNetDaily News 09/07/2006

  • Marenda W.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2006
      'Sexual indoctrination' bill vetoed
      Gov. Arnold torpedoes 1 of 3 plans created by 'girlie-men'

      One of three "sexual indoctrination" bills pending in California has
      been vetoed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and family interest groups
      are ecstatic – so far.

      "California families recognize this bill was an attack on religious
      freedoms in school," said Karen England, executive director of the
      Capitol Resource Institute, after the announcement today. "There are
      still several other bills on the governor's desk that also deserve his
      veto."

      The bill vetoed today was SB 1437, which had been approved by the
      Legislature. It would have prevented any school teaching materials or
      activities from "reflecting adversely" upon homosexuals, bisexuals or
      transgenders.
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51866
      Fox reporter bleeds in on-camera attack
      Investigative TV journalist gouged, flayed by man who admits to
      problem with anger © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

      An investigative reporter for a Fox television affiliate in southern
      California is recuperating after suffering cracked ribs, bite wounds
      and a gouged face in a confrontation caught on camera.

      "I was just going to do some interviews and got attacked," said John
      Mattes, an attorney and journalist for Fox 6 News in San Diego. "We
      were doing a series of interviews on a gentleman who's been
      threatening people in La Jolla, businessmen, people in the community,
      his neighbors."

      The person who was the subject of the TV station's probe is alleged
      real estate fraudster Sam Suleiman, who is shown on video walking up
      to Mattes yesterday and immediately unleashing an onslaught of
      physical fury.

      "We all thought he'd come screaming, but he literally just came flying
      straight at me and just BOOM!" Mattes told his station in a
      post-attack interview. "He didn't even stop, didn't even slow down.
      And I'm feeling someone ripping at my face, pulling my hair. We're not
      talking about someone going a few rounds, we're talking about someone
      ripping, gouging, scratching, and biting me! I just don't understand
      ... this cannot be going on."

      Also at the scene was Suleiman's wife, Rosa Baraza, who Mattes says
      talked about grabbing a firearm.

      "I'm fighting not to get hurt, but then to hear the screams of his
      wife, 'I'm getting the gun,' knowing the context of this person, I
      mean it was terrifying."

      Footage shows Suleiman punching Mattes in the face and head, as well
      putting him in a head lock. The man slated to be interviewed is also
      shown trying to pull Suleiman off of Mattes as all three fall to the
      ground and continue to grapple.

      The incident was documented by videographer Dennis Waldrop, who was
      teamed with Mattes for the report. San Diego police finally showed up
      on the scene, and are shown ordering Suleiman to the ground at gunpoint.
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51874
      New Balance 'pays workers 32 cents an hour'
      Report exposes harsh conditions at 'sweatshop' making American shoes
      © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

      New Balance is still making athletic shoes for the U.S. market in a
      Chinese "sweatshop" where the human rights of workers regularly are
      abused and make just 32 cents an hour, according to a report by two
      international labor advocacy groups.

      The report, published jointly by the National Labor Committee and
      China Labor Watch, documents the conditions and harshly low wages at
      Li Kai Factory Number 5, presenting worker testimony and extensive
      photographs.

      Despite the allegations, the La Salle Bank Chicago Marathon, scheduled
      Oct. 22, has accepted New Balance for the ninth year as its official
      apparel and footwear sponsor.

      Contacted by WND, marathon organizers declined to comment.
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51875
      Christian beaten for drinking water
      Man suffers broken collarbone, dislocated shoulder

      A Christian man is recovering from a beating that left him with a
      broken collarbone and dislocated shoulder after he drank water from a
      glass reserved for the poor at a construction site in Pakistan.

      The report comes from Voice of the Martyrs, the Christian aid
      organization with a vision for working around the world to help those
      who are facing persecution for their Christian faith.

      The report said Nasir Ashraf, a Christian stonemason, was working on
      the construction of a room at a school near Manga Mandi outside of
      Lahore when he got thirsty and took a break.
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51859
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51872

      'Gaza preparing for war'
      Hezbollah aiding Palestinians in 'turning Strip into south Lebanon'
      © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

      JERUSALEM – Local terror groups are working with Hezbollah to turn the
      Gaza Strip into the Palestinian version of south Lebanon by smuggling
      in heavy weaponry and rockets, building war bunkers and preparing for
      a large-scale confrontation with Israel, a senior terror leader in
      Gaza told WorldNetDaily.

      "We learned from Hezbollah's victory that Israel can be defeated if we
      know how to hit them and if we are well prepared," said Abu Ahmed,
      northern Gaza leader of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terror group. "We
      are importing rockets and the knowledge to launch them and we are also
      making many plans for battle."

      South Lebanon is largely dominated by Hezbollah, which developed an
      arsenal of more than10,000 rockets it used to launch daily attacks
      against Israel's northern communities during the group's 34-day
      confrontation with the Jewish state which ended last month. Israel
      says Syria and Iran provided Hezbollah with rockets and advanced
      weapons, including anti-tank missiles, for use during battles.

      Yuval Diskin, director of Israel's Shin Bet Security Services, told
      the Knesset last month that since the Jewish state withdrew from Gaza,
      the Palestinians successfully have transferred from the neighboring
      Egyptian Sinai desert hundreds of tons of advanced rockets; anti-tank
      and anti-aircraft missiles; rocket propelled grenades; raw explosives;
      rifles; ammunition and other heavy weaponry. Israel vacated the Gaza
      Strip one year ago.

      "If we don't move to counter this smuggling, it will continue and
      create a situation in Gaza similar to the one in southern Lebanon,"
      Diskin said.

      Abu Ahmed said Diskin's assessment was accurate.

      "I think Diskin made those statements to try to distract the Israelis
      from their losses in Lebanon by focusing on another area, but he is
      right. We are turning Gaza into south Lebanon," the terror leader said.

      Abu Ahmed said his group is receiving help from Hezbollah to import
      long-range rockets and train in guerrilla warfare tactics.

      "We have warm relations with Hezbollah, which helps with some of the
      training programs," Abu Ahmed said. "We don't have anything to be
      ashamed of – that we are dealing with Hezbollah and that we are
      receiving training and information from them."

      He said Hezbollah maintains cells in the Sinai.

      "The Sinai is an excellent ground for training, the exchange of
      information and weapons and for meetings on how to turn every piece of
      land into usable territory for a confrontation with Israel," Abu Ahmed
      said.

      The terror leader said Palestinian groups are developing war bunkers
      inside Gaza similar to the underground Hezbollah lairs Israel found
      during last month's war in Lebanon.

      "Our preparations include the building of special bunkers. Of course
      we are taking into consideration that Gaza is not the same topography
      as Lebanon," Abu Ahmed said.

      During its confrontation with Hezbollah, Israel destroyed scores of
      complex bunkers that snaked along the Lebanese side of the
      Israel-Lebanon border. Military officials said they were surprised by
      the scale of the Hezbollah bunkers, in which Israeli troops reportedly
      found war rooms stocked with advanced eavesdropping and surveillance
      equipment they noted were made by Iran.

      Abu Ahmed said the most important "tool" in the "Palestinian
      resistance arsenal was rockets. He said his group learned from
      Hezbollah that Israel can be defeated with missiles.

      "We saw that with the capacity to bombard the Israeli population with
      hundreds of rockets every day we can change the strategic balance with
      Israel," he said.

      Since Israel's Gaza withdrawal, Palestinian terror groups have been
      regularly firing rockets at nearby Jewish communities. The terrorists
      generally have fired three versions of Qassam rockets, improvised
      steel projectiles filled with explosives and fuel. Qassams can travel
      between one and five miles depending on the sophistication of the
      particular rocket.

      Israel has noted improvements in Qassams, including rockets carrying
      double engines.

      Israeli security officials say a large number of Katyusha rockets have
      been brought into Israel. Katyusha's can travel about 12 miles and can
      deliver large payloads. Hezbollah fired more than 2,000 Katyusha
      rockets into Israel in July and August, devastating many northern towns.

      Last month, Islamic Jihad fired a Katyusha rocket into the Israeli
      Negev. It landed in an empty area. In June the group fired a
      Katyusha-like rocket that traveled about nine miles.

      "The Katyusha we fired (last month) shows we can have every weapon we
      need," said Abu Ahmed. "It is only a matter of a small period before
      Gaza is ready for war."
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51863

      Remembering the Democrat war on terror

      As we approach Sept. 11, I think it is high time to remember the
      Democrat war on terror and pay that war its due. I remember because in
      mid-continent USA in the 1990s, I had a front row seat. I remember
      because the major media choose not to.

      One case in particular epitomized to me the nature of that war. I know
      the case well because I had a chance to interview several of the
      terrorists involved. At the time I was doing a weekly feature for the
      NBC station in Kansas City.

      The youngest of the terrorists, whom I'll call Amira, I first met in
      1997 in a St. Joseph, Mo., prison.

      The 23-year-old had already served one year of a two-year sentence.
      She was lucky. Some of her 14 co-conspirators had received seven-year
      terms.

      This was a real prison, the kind with coiled razor wire on the tops of
      the walls and big fat mommas in orange jump suits wandering the halls.
      Amira ended up there because Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon was,
      in his own words, "taking the hardest line of any attorney general in
      the nation against terrorist groups." It is unusual for an attorney
      general to try a case, but with a group this dangerous, Nixon was
      intent on prosecuting the case himself and scoring some political
      points in the process.

      The trial took place in what presidential adviser Dick Morris calls
      the "terror summer of 1996." Morris was referring specifically to the
      destruction of Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia, TWA Flight 800 off the
      coast of Long Island and Centennial Park at the Atlanta Olympics. But
      we had terror enough in Missouri. I remember – and am inspired to
      write – because I saw my first "Jay Nixon for Governor" bumper sticker
      the other day.

      When Amira told me the facts of the case, I was shocked. I initially
      refused to believe her. I insisted on reading the trail transcript and
      all the reporting around the trial until I was satisfied that I had
      gleaned the true story. Here it is. Here is what caused Jay Nixon to
      put 15 Americans in prison and has moved his fellow Democrats to
      promote him as a future governor.

      One evening Amira attended a potluck dinner at a church hall in rural
      Misssouri. She had come to baby sit her fiancé's nieces. The potluck
      was held by a group of constitutionalists, people who take the state
      and federal constitution as seriously as fundamentalist do the Bible.
      That evening they were holding what they called a "common law grand
      jury" to assess the constitutionality of certain police actions in the
      area. They were one short of the necessary 24.

      They cajoled the apolitical Amira into sitting in.

      One fellow who came before the jury had come to protest a judge's
      treatment of his 17-year-old daughter after a traffic stop. The grand
      jury had also invited the judge to come explain his action.

      Needless to say, the judge blew the grand jury off, and its members
      decided in the plaintiff's favor.

      They told him that under Missouri law he had a right to file a lien
      against the judge's property.

      The plaintiff promptly did just that, and just as promptly another
      judge expunged the lien. If this is where you expect the story to get
      juicy, to hear tales of death threats and midnight raids on the
      judge's home and fire bombings, temper your expectations. If you
      exclude the reaction of the state, you have all already heard all the
      tales of terror that are to be told.

      The state police came to Amira's home late one night, handcuffed her
      and led her off to jail. The state charged that she had "tampered with
      a judicial officer by engaging in conduct reasonable calculated to
      harass [the judge], namely, filing a lien with the Lincoln County
      Recorder of Deeds on the property of [the judge.]" The fact that the
      lien was technically legal and quickly expunged did not seem to bother
      Mr. Nixon and his colleagues. Nor did the fact that neither Amira nor
      her co-conspirators signed the lien or filed it. They had somehow
      "tampered" and "harassed" and that was enough.

      Given the Democrat control of the media, even in Missouri, Nixon was
      able to poison the jury pool and convict all 15, aged 23 to 78, none
      of whom had committed a prior felony. The fact that the 15 defended
      themselves did not help much either.

      So you will forgive me please if I fail to take Democrat squawking
      about invasions of privacy or civil rights abuses or prisoner
      treatment seriously. These are not serious people. Even if they read
      it, this article will not cause two of them to question their
      affection for Mr. Nixon.

      Our liberties are most seriously threatened when the interests of the
      executive in power are in perfect alignment with the major media.
      Never was that more true than during the years 1995-2000.

      And the worst stuff did not happen in Missouri.

      Jack Cashill is an Emmy-award winning independent writer and producer
      with a Ph.D. in American Studies from Purdue.
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51860

      Less terrorism? Posted: September 7, 2006 1:00 a.m. Eastern

      You might have seen some headlines in your local fish wrapper that
      suggested there was less terrorist activity taking place in the U.S.

      * "Steep decline in terrorism cases," said one screamer.
      * "Terror cases decline sharply," said another.

      I can't tell you verbatim what your birdcage liner had to say about a
      new study of terror cases brought by the Justice Department since 2001.

      But someone needs to point out in emphatic terms that there has been
      no drop in terrorism in the U.S. All we've done as a nation is
      redefine it and set the standards for prosecution too high.

      In other words, we're letting the terrorists go. We're letting them
      off the hook. We're springing them to strike us another day.

      Here are the facts of that study by a research group at Syracuse
      University – beneath the deceptive headlines:

      * Prosecutors are turning down hundreds of cases because of weak
      evidence and other legal problems;

      * Federal prosecutors have declined to prosecute two of every
      three international terrorism cases brought to them by the FBI and
      other agencies since 2001;

      * The rejection rate was even higher for the first eight months of
      this year – 91 percent of the cases turned down for prosecution.

      This is not a drop in terrorism. This is an unconditional surrender to it.

      In 2001 and 2002, federal prosecutors turned down only about 35
      percent of the referrals brought to them in international terrorism
      cases. That rate soared over the last four years, with rejection rates
      of 77 percent in 2003, 65 percent in 2004, 82 percent last year and
      the 91 percent this year.

      While this charade has been going on, the Justice Department has also
      tightened the way it defines terrorism cases over the last five years.
      You know how this goes. Here are some examples of non-terrorism,
      according to the Justice Department:

      * An Egyptian Muslim shoots up the El Al ticket counter at Los
      Angeles International Airport on July 4, screaming about Israeli
      military policies while shooting at bystanders and employees of the
      national airliner.

      * The Beltway snipers, two converted Muslims, expressed sympathy
      with al-Qaida and hatred for their own country.

      * The attack by a Muslim on the Seattle Jewish Center in which
      several women were murdered in cold blood by a man denouncing Israel.

      * The ramming of innocent pedestrians by a Muslim who wanted to
      kill "everyone" in San Francisco.

      Some of these might be considered "hate crimes" by the feds. They are
      all certainly considered crimes. But not one was considered terrorism,
      when in fact you can argue that it is the very motivation for the
      criminal acts.

      This kind of denial of what is taking place around us is terribly
      dangerous for the country. We've seen it before – like before Sept. 11.

      If anyone thinks terrorists weren't hitting the U.S. then, you need to
      think again. They were. There was Oklahoma City, which was blamed on
      two non-Muslims, despite "overwhelming evidence of Middle East
      terrorist complicity. There was TWA Flight 800, which was blamed on a
      faulty center fuel tank while incoming missiles seen by hundreds of
      eyewitnesses were ignored. There was the first World Trade Center
      bombing, which was treated like a small-time law enforcement issue,
      ensuring prosecutors and investigators would miss the evidence that
      this was just the beginning of a major war on the U.S.

      Quite frankly, terrorists weren't getting the ''credit'' they expected
      from major attacks like those. So, as I've pointed out before, they
      upped the ante. They raised the stakes.

      No one could deny what Sept. 11 was. It was an overt act of undeniable
      terror – unspeakable terror, unimaginable terror.

      Why do we deny terrorism when it is staring us in the face? Because it
      requires action – response. If we are not prepared to take action – to
      respond appropriately – we instinctively deny the reality of what has
      transpired.

      Add to all this that ''terrorism'' was never the enemy anyway.
      Terrorism, as many have pointed out, is a tactic, not an enemy. The
      real enemy is radical Islam. Terrorism is their tactic. If we don't
      recognize that fact, it should surprise no one that a Muslim fanatic
      can shoot up a Jewish center without anyone mentioning terrorism.

      Let's not resort to doublespeak. Let's not miss the forest for the
      trees. In our desire not to ethnically profile, do we have to give up
      all logic and common sense? Do we have to change the meaning of words?
      Do we have to put our heads in the sand?

      Joseph Farah is founder, editor and CEO of WND and a nationally
      syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate. His latest book is
      "Taking America Back." He also edits the weekly online intelligence
      newsletter Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, in which he utilizes his
      sources developed over 30 years in the news business.