NACR Daily Meditation for Sunday 25th of September 2011

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2011

      Daily Meditation for Sunday 25th of September 2011

      Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
      Matthew 5:4

      Jesus pronounced a blessing on people who are courageous enough to grieve. Nothing could be more surprising than this. When we grieve, we often feel like spiritual failures. But God sees things differently. From God's perspective, mourning is valued. It is an occasion for blessing. It comes with the opportunity for comfort.

      To be comforted is to be held in the safety of arms you trust. To be comforted is to weep and rage in the company of someone who loves us. The hard edges of the pain are soothed. Strength and hope return in some measure. Healing begins.

      Grieving is a commitment to the hard work of facing reality and allowing ourselves to feel the full range of emotions God has given us. It is painful work. But it is work that is blessed by God.

      Father of comfort,
      you are my refuge and strength,
      my help in times of trouble.
      Were it not for your faithfulness,
      I would hide from my pain.
      I would choose not to see my losses.
      I would not be able to face what has happened.
      Man of sorrow, teach me to grieve.
      Give me the courage to mourn
      so that I can be comforted.
      Amen.

      Copyright Dale and Juanita Ryan

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2011
        Sorry about the devotionals! Email issues again. :-/