Fwd: Friday 31 July 2009, News From The Coalition, Inc.

  • Gary R. Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2009

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: The Coalition, Inc. <the.pa.coalition@...>
    Date: Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    Subject: Friday 31 July 2009, News From The Coalition, Inc.
    To: The Coalition <coalition-the@...>

    Greetings Friends and Members of The Coalition, Inc., we welcome you all to come out and enjoy the festivities of the Weekend of Peace 2009 observances. Our communities need resources more now than ever in recent history. Attend one of the sites in your area to find out where you can go, and what you can do to help. If there is no location in your community, please contact us so that we may help you plan for Weekend of Peace 2010. Malik Raheem Johnson-215.410.2859; Calvin T. Johnson-215.738.8151; The Coalition, Inc.-215.387.2734.

    If you are unable to attend on Saturday, please observe a moment at 12 noon in camaraderie with those who have suffered losses through thoughtless violence.

    Sites and managers this year...

    Tustin Recreation Center 60th St. nad Columbia Ave. - Celestine Marks

    Simons Recreation Center Walnut La. and Woolston Ave. - Donnell Martin

    Norris Park Susquehanna Ave. and Hancock St. - Edwin Desamour

    Cobbs Creek Recreation Center Spruce St. and 63rd St. Kenneth Crawford

    Lancaster Avenue Business Associatin 4232 Lancaster Ave. Aisama Muhammad

    Kingsessing Recreation Center 50th St. and Kingsessing Ave. Tom 'Bunny' Henry

    --
    Thank you,
    The Coalition, Inc.

    "We each hold a piece to the puzzle."

    --
    Thank you,
    Gary R. Adams

    We are all longing to go home to some place we have never been — a place half-remembered and half-envisioned we can only catch glimpses of from time to time. Community. Somewhere, there are people to whom we can speak with passion without having the words catch in our throats. Somewhere a circle of hands will open to receive us, eyes will light up as we enter, voices will celebrate with us whenever we come into our own power. Community means strength that joins our strength to do the work that needs to be done. Arms to hold us when we falter. A circle of healing. A circle of friends. Someplace where we can be free. Starhawk