If I have withheld...

  • P Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007

      (16) If I have withheld from the poor and needy what they desired, or have caused the eyes of the widow to look in vain [for relief],

      (17) Or have eaten my morsel alone and have not shared it with the fatherless--

      (18) No, but from my youth [the fatherless] grew up with me as a father, and I have been [the widow's] guide from my mother's womb--

      (19) If I have seen anyone perish for want of clothing, or any poor person without covering,

      (20) If his loins have not blessed me [for clothing them], and if he was not warmed with the fleece of my sheep,

      (21) If I have lifted my hand against the fatherless when I saw [that the judges would be favorable and be] my help at the [council] gate,

      (22) Then let my shoulder fall away from my shoulder blade, and my arm be broken from its socket.

      Job 31:16-22