Which is greater
(16) Woe to you, blind guides, who say, If anyone swears by the sanctuary of the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the sanctuary, he is a debtor [bound by his oath].
(17) You blind fools! For which is greater: the gold, or the sanctuary of the temple that has made the gold sacred? [Exod. 30:29.]
(18) You say too, Whoever swears by the altar is not duty bound; but whoever swears by the offering on the altar, his oath is binding.
(19) You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar which makes the gift sacred?
(20) So whoever swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
(21) And he who swears by the sanctuary of the temple swears by it and by Him Who dwells in it. [I Kings 8:13; Ps. 26:8.]
(22) And whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and by Him Who sits upon it.
Matthew 23:16-22 AMP
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around