      Is 0.0 effectively no range limit (location on, receive ALL you can)?

      Thanks,
      Rick

      On 8/3/2014 6:00 PM, Dewey Dewey3@... [BCD536HP] wrote:

      The GPS works with all frequencies in the main database that contain coordinates (I have yet to see any that don’t).  It will also work with all FLs that include coordinates as long as “Location Control” is turned on.  When travelling, I will only use the main database, and keep the range set to 0.0 (zero).

      Dewey

      From: BCD536HP@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD536HP@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2014 19:48
      To: BCD536HP@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BCD536HP] Siren and Analyze functionality update from Uniden today on August 1st

      Ok group, before someone points it out, there IS a way to modify some of the x36 settings per dept/channel AND add new (non-db) frequencies.  It wasn't in plain sight, therefore fails my intuitive test.  But I found it.

      I'm still trying to wrap my head around the logic of DMA programming... it's... different.  I was able to get the wifi linked to my LAN after a firmware update to the dongle (not that it DOES anything yet).

      Now I'm trying to figure out how to best use the GPS (available from my APRS GPS) for self-programming on the fly while traveling... hope it's not just for Favorites... but let's keep this topical, I don't want to hijack the thread (again).  If I hit the wall again, I'll start a new thread.

      Siren app, sooner=better.

      73,
      Rick wa6nhc

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic