Re: [BCD396XT] Re: New Feature Request: Temporary [Hold]

  • JETorres
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
      Yes, that would be a nice feature. I vote for it too.

      On Nov 6, 2008, at 6:05 PM, smerri1987 <Smerri1029@...> wrote:

      > I think it would be a great feature. Way to many times do I do the
      > same thing as yourself, hit the hold and a while later it dawns on me
      > that my scanner is really quiet, and it is because I was holding a
      > frequency.
      >
      > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bigfella237" <bigfella237@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> Just a thought but would it be possible to have a "Temporary Hold"
      >> feature simular to temporary lockout except on a timer?
      >>
      >> Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting
      >> conversation
      >> and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15 minutes
      >> later
      >> I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd forgotten to
      >> recommence scanning.
      >>
      >> The feature could operate as temporary lockout does, with a quick
      >> press
      >> of the [HOLD] key initiating a hold timer (the length of which
      >> could be
      >> user-set) and two quick presses inducing the current semi-permanent
      >> hold?

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2008
        Good idea. I like the possibility of pressing hold once and it holds
        for say one minute. Press hold twice in quick succession and it holds
        for 5 or 10 minutes. Three quick presses would induce the
        semi-permanent hold. Having the lockout do the same would be nice.
        With modern processors it wouldn't be hard to have a menu choice to set
        those times to user-defined time periods.

        Mike