Re: Programming Frequencies

  • k1rrc
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2014

      Have a new Uniden BCD396XT Scanner, is there a cheat sheet available showing how to program Frequencies.

      I am having a problem to install frequencies, also is there a simplier manual for the operation of the scanner?

      Thank You,

      Ron

    • Cory Ricci
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2014
        This should help:

        http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml

        Sent via iPhone from Cory D. Ricci

        On Aug 29, 2014, at 22:57, "RRCRT@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Have a new Uniden BCD396XT Scanner, is there a cheat sheet available showing how to program Frequencies.

        I am having a problem to install frequencies, also is there a simplier manual for the operation of the scanner?

        Thank You,

        Ron

      • david40_33711
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 30, 2014

          Yes, I think ScanMaster has a great cheat sheet but I think it costs around 20 bucks. Unless you are a glutton for punishment it's much easier to join RadioReference.com for 10 bucks and download all the frequencies you could want directly to the radio using Freescan or other software of your choice.
        • k1rrc
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 30, 2014
            Thanks for the help, hopefully I will be able to do it, nothing like the old scanners in programming a frequency.

            Again, thanks,

            Ron - ~K1RRC~

            In a message dated 8/30/2014 9:19:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com writes:
            This should help:

          • k1rrc
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 30, 2014
              Thanks for the info.

              I will more than likely join.

              Ron ~K1RRC~

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 30, 2014
                I enter the frequency that I want being 482.5875, (New Bedford, MA PD), on the screen will have the numbers, (frequency 482.5875) along with Direct Entry.

                At this point I am confused and have no idea what to do next to store this frequency.

                HELP: What do I do next to store the frequency.

                Appreciate any help.

                Ron ~K1RRC~

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 30, 2014
                    Hi Joe M.

                    I have looked everywhere on the scanner, do not find ENTER, looked at the User Guide Disk, do not find ENTER, that user Guide Disk can go in the trash.

                    Appreciate your help.

                    Ron

                    In a message dated 8/30/2014 10:32:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com writes:
                    Hit the ENTER button.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 30, 2014
                      It's the key with the big E on it below the 9 key. If you are having this much trouble,
                      I would recommend finding someone local who can program your scanner for you.

                      I'm not surprised that you cannot follow the operations manual, as it requires
                      understanding scanner basics which I suspect you are not familiar with.

                      Joe M.

                      On Aug 30, 2014, at 12:00 PM, "RRCRT@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Hi Joe M.

                      I have looked everywhere on the scanner, do not find ENTER, looked at the User Guide Disk, do not find ENTER, that user Guide Disk can go in the trash.

                      Appreciate your help.

                      Ron

                      In a message dated 8/30/2014 10:32:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com writes:
                      Hit the ENTER button.