Re: New Feature Request: Temporary [Hold]

  • smerri1987
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
      I think it would be a great feature. Way to many times do I do the
      same thing as yourself, hit the hold and a while later it dawns on me
      that my scanner is really quiet, and it is because I was holding a
      frequency.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bigfella237" <bigfella237@...> wrote:

      > Just a thought but would it be possible to have a "Temporary Hold"
      > feature simular to temporary lockout except on a timer?
      >
      > Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting conversation
      > and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15 minutes later
      > I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd forgotten to
      > recommence scanning.
      >
      > The feature could operate as temporary lockout does, with a quick press
      > of the [HOLD] key initiating a hold timer (the length of which could be
      > user-set) and two quick presses inducing the current semi-permanent
      > hold?

    • JETorres
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
        Yes, that would be a nice feature. I vote for it too.

        On Nov 6, 2008, at 6:05 PM, smerri1987 <Smerri1029@...> wrote:

        > I think it would be a great feature. Way to many times do I do the
        > same thing as yourself, hit the hold and a while later it dawns on me
        > that my scanner is really quiet, and it is because I was holding a
        > frequency.
        >
        > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bigfella237" <bigfella237@...>
        > wrote:
        >>
        >> Just a thought but would it be possible to have a "Temporary Hold"
        >> feature simular to temporary lockout except on a timer?
        >>
        >> Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting
        >> conversation
        >> and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15 minutes
        >> later
        >> I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd forgotten to
        >> recommence scanning.
        >>
        >> The feature could operate as temporary lockout does, with a quick
        >> press
        >> of the [HOLD] key initiating a hold timer (the length of which
        >> could be
        >> user-set) and two quick presses inducing the current semi-permanent
        >> hold?

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2008
          Good idea. I like the possibility of pressing hold once and it holds
          for say one minute. Press hold twice in quick succession and it holds
          for 5 or 10 minutes. Three quick presses would induce the
          semi-permanent hold. Having the lockout do the same would be nice.
          With modern processors it wouldn't be hard to have a menu choice to set
          those times to user-defined time periods.

          Mike