Re: [BCD396XT] SEARCHING FOR PL/DPL-folo

  • brey1234
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 11:47 AM
      GREAT site but WHERE is the section  that shows me how to search for a pl/dpl using the Uniden bearcat 396xt scanner itself from the front screen??

      Thank u

      Bob

      In a message dated 8/2/2014 10:45:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Rule of thumb, most everything you can do in software can be done manually in the scanner as well. Short of changing the startup screen, sort alphabetically/talkgroups/frequencies.

      Be sure to read any manual you have , its in there,
       http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml#edit channel options

      When it decodes the pl, it will flash on the screen and normally you can just push the E/yes key and it will ask you if you want to use this... then push the E/yes key to do so.

      In software as it is easier to do so,  if the pl is not known, I always set it to search.

      On 8/1/2014 3:15 PM, worksntv@... [BCD396XT] wrote:

      Is there a way when monitoring a channel to have the unit search that frequency for a pl/dpl using the Uniden bearcat 396xt scanner itself from the front screen?   I could do this  using the Butel software but that wouldn't help me when I'm mobile.

      73'

      Bob
      WB3DYE

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2 5:32 PM
        Just set the audio for analog and the squelch for search. The squelch
         option will come up as soon as you set the audio type to analog.

        Joe M.

        On Aug 2, 2014, at 2:47 PM, "worksntv@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

      • William Edwards
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2 8:12 PM

          Part of what you want is in the "Keypad & Knob Control" section,
          part is in the "A Look at the display" section,
          part is in the "Edit Channel Options" "Analog Only" section,
          part is in the " Tone/Code Search " section.

          You have to read through parts of the manual.  But "it's in there."

          Bill E.

          GREAT site but WHERE is the section  that shows me how to search for a pl/dpl using the Uniden bearcat 396xt scanner itself from the front screen??

          Thank u

          Bob

        • Ronski45
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2 9:54 PM
            For some reason the entire url doesn't go through most likely due the spaces in the url, look for

            **Edit Channel Options Menu**
            at http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml under the 'Contents' section on the left side near the bottom 4/5 of the way down.

            Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual
            Edit Channel Options Menu
            Once you have your systems built , systems options configured, Groups Created, and your Channels Programmed, you can set your channel options.

            To Edit Channel Options press Menu. At 'Program System' press E/yes.
            At 'Select System' scroll to the system where the channel is and press E/yes.
            Scroll to 'Edit Group' and press E/yes.
            Scroll to the Group that has the channel you want to edit and press E/yes.
            Scroll to 'Edit Channel' press E/yes.
            At 'Select Channel' scroll to the channel you want to edit and press E/yes.
            You can also press E/yes when the channel is displayed in scan mode. (Press (.)no to cancel storing a CTCSS/DCS tone or NAC code if asked).
            Scroll to the options below and press E/yes. Press Scan/Srch to return to scanning when done with editing.

            Set Audio Type (conventional/Motorola only) choose 'Digital Only' or 'Analog Only' according to the signal type. Select 'All' if this channel might contain both digital and analog signals.
             Notes: If you are sure the channel is analog, set the channel to 'Analog Only'. This will prevent the 'P25 Waiting Time' for the conventional system or Motorola site from loosing the first part of the transmission up to the wait time you set there. You will not see CTCSS/DCS/NAC tones for conventional channels in the display (mode 2) with the 'Audio Type' set to 'All'.
             Scroll to 'Set Audio Type' and press E/yes.
            Scroll to one of three options and press E/yes.
            All - The scanner automatically determines whether the audio is analog or digital.
             Digital Only - The scanner will receive the channel only if it is carrying APCO 25 digital audio.
             At 'P25 NAC Option' (conventional only) scroll to 1 of 2 options and press E/yes.
            Search - the scanner searches and displays any NAC tone with the transmission.
            Set P25 NAC - allows you to program a NAC code. See Entering Text.
             Note: you can also store a (blinking) NAC code in when receiving a frequency in scan mode by pressing E/yes.
             Analog Only - The scanner will receive the channel only if it is carrying analog audio. See also Understanding CTCSS/DCS.
             (Conventional only) At 'Set CTCSS/DCS' scroll to 1 of 5 options and press E/yes.
            Off - any signal opens squelch.
            Search - the scanner searches and displays any CTCSS or DCS tone with the transmission.
            CTCSS - enter or scroll to the desired CTCSS tone you want present with the signal. Press E/yes to save and exit.
            DCS - enter or scroll to the desired DCS tone you want present with the signal. Press E/yes to save and exit.
            Set Lockout - Scroll to 'CTCSS or DCS' and press E/yes. Enter or scroll to the desired tone you want locked out. Press E/yes to save and exit.
             Note: you can also store a (blinking) CTCSS/DCS tone in when receiving a frequency in scan mode by pressing E/yes.