SEARCHING FOR PL/DPL

  • brey1234
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 12:15 PM
      Is there a way when monitoring a channel to have the unit search that frequency for a pl/dpl using the Uniden bearcat 396xt scanner itself from the front screen?   I could do this  using the Butel software but that wouldn't help me when I'm mobile.

      73'

      Bob
      WB3DYE

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2 7:34 AM
          Rule of thumb, most everything you can do in software can be done manually in the scanner as well. Short of changing the startup screen, sort alphabetically/talkgroups/frequencies.

          Be sure to read any manual you have , its in there,
           http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml#edit channel options

          When it decodes the pl, it will flash on the screen and normally you can just push the E/yes key and it will ask you if you want to use this... then push the E/yes key to do so.

          In software as it is easier to do so,  if the pl is not known, I always set it to search.