Make it work

  • edwardbie1913
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2014

      I am a rookie. How do I search for local trunk groups.

    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2014
        Explain in more detail what you are wanting to do. If you are trying to find information about trunked systems in your area, see RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

        UpMan

        I am a rookie. How do I search for local trunk groups.

      • Edwardbie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2014
          Here's the message above the frequency list: MPD has quit using ALL VHF for primary operations.
          Now what do I do?

          Sent from my iPad

          On Jul 24, 2014, at 12:14 PM, "Uniden UPMan uniden.upman@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Explain in more detail what you are wanting to do. If you are trying to find information about trunked systems in your area, see RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

          UpMan

          I am a rookie. How do I search for local trunk groups.

        • John Stark

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 26, 2014
                LWIN (Louisiana Wireless Information Network) APCO 25 phase 1.

                For Monroe PD you need to program this trunked system. Once you identify which talk group is for Monroe, you will receive them. If they are encrypted you will hear their transmissions as possibly a hissing noise, but nothing that is understandable.
              • Edwardbie
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 26, 2014
                  Thank you for your patience with me. My scanner came with an old serial import cable. So I had to order an USB cable.
                  What software are you recommending to download the trunk system?

                  Sent from my iPad

                  On Jul 26, 2014, at 4:45 AM, "N1CHU n1chu@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  LWIN (Louisiana Wireless Information Network) APCO 25 phase 1.

                  For Monroe PD you need to program this trunked system. Once you identify which talk group is for Monroe, you will receive them. If they are encrypted you will hear their transmissions as possibly a hissing noise, but nothing that is understandable.

                • Tony Langdon
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 27, 2014
                    On 27/07/2014 6:23 AM, Edwardbie edwardbie@... [BCD396XT] wrote:
                    Thank you for your patience with me. My scanner came with an old serial import cable. So I had to order an USB cable.
                    What software are you recommending to download the trunk system?

                    Sent from my iPad

                    On Jul 26, 2014, at 4:45 AM, "N1CHU n1chu@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    LWIN (Louisiana Wireless Information Network) APCO 25 phase 1.

                    For Monroe PD you need to program this trunked system. Once you identify which talk group is for Monroe, you will receive them. If they are encrypted you will hear their transmissions as possibly a hissing noise, but nothing that is understandable.

                    I recommend Freescan, and getting a paid radioreference.com subscription.  Freescan works well, and when combined with the radioreference subscription, will allow you to download the system directly from the radioreference.com database.

                    --
                    73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
                    http://vkradio.com