BCD 396XT - CLOSE CALL- NOT DIGITAL SIGNAL.

  • contrerasuri
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 22, 2014

      HI, I´m new using the trunked systems. (bcd 396xt) it scans OK digital and analogo, but in close call not receiving digital signal.

      any suggestion?.

    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 22, 2014
        Turn off CTCSS/DCS search in the Srch/CloCall Options. With that on, the scanner will treat all Close Call hits as analog and will never attempt P25 decode.

        UpMan

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 22, 2014
          Do you have the CTCSS//CDCSS decode enabled? If so, disable it.

          Joe M.

          On Jul 22, 2014, at 11:37 AM, "contrerasuri@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          HI, I´m new using the trunked systems. (bcd 396xt) it scans OK digital and analogo, but in close call not receiving digital signal.

          any suggestion?.

        • Uri Contreras
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 23, 2014
            CLOSE CALL NOT RECEIVINING DIGITAL SIGNAL.*:( triste
            CTCSS/DCS IS OFF.
          • Bob
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 23, 2014

              Another possibility then:
              If the digital signal that is being captured is encrypted, the radio will mute the audio and you won't hear it (Thank You Uniden for this feature!)
              Also, try this:
              Go to Srch/CloCall Opt-- Tone/Code Search-- select P25 NAC Search- Enter
              This will force the close call mode to P25 only
              Bob

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 23, 2014
                in my small country  police operate on frequencies 866.2750-868.9875 scanning these frequencies it works fine.
                but in close call not picking up anything just analogo signals.
                I was told to set ctcss/dcs off.*:( triste

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 23, 2014
                  Are you using the stock antenna? If so, are you sure there are
                  cars within a quarter to a half a mile of where you are?

                  Ctcss/dcs must be off to decode digital signals,
                  but that's only if you are picking any up.

                  Joe M.

                  On Jul 23, 2014, at 8:00 PM, "Uri Contreras contrerasuri@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  in my small country  police operate on frequencies 866.2750-868.9875 scanning these frequencies it works fine.
                  but in close call not picking up anything just analogo signals.
                  I was told to set ctcss/dcs off.*:( triste

                  El Miércoles, 23 de julio, 2014 6:07 P.M., "'Bob' dopplerbob@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> escribió:

                  Another possibility then:
                  If the digital signal that is being captured is encrypted, the radio will mute the audio and you won't hear it (Thank You Uniden for this feature!)
                  Also, try this:
                  Go to Srch/CloCall Opt-- Tone/Code Search-- select P25 NAC Search- Enter
                  This will force the close call mode to P25 only
                  Bob

                  CLOSE CALL NOT RECEIVINING DIGITAL SIGNAL.*:( triste
                  CTCSS/DCS IS OFF.

                • John Stark