Clearance prices at certain RS stores

  • Cory Ricci
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18, 2014
      This seems to have gone around a few times with some left unanswered. I swung by a smaller Radio Shack earlier today to see what I could find out myself and even though the one employee there had just started 2 weeks ago he did tell me there is quite a few of the stores getting bought out but most to be staying as RS stores...how much this had to do with the prices I found on stocked Uniden units is uncertain. What is though is they had brand new 996XT's on clearance for $174.97 as of today and sounded likely it would drop more as their buyout date got closer if they had any remaining (which I'll make sure they don't lol). The 396XT was at a similar slightly lower price than the 996 was going for but they only had one left as far as the kid knew. I did snap a couple pics of the price tag that also has the SKU# on it if anyone needs to see the proof for themselves that this is happening at many stores across the country. I'm going to stop by a couple other ones near me tomorrow to see how they differ. This was in suburban Minneapolis, MN.

      Sent via iPhone from:
      Cory D. Ricci
      KD0PIV
      Metro Skywarn #9110
      Anoka County Public Safety feed provider
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18, 2014
        You must have been talking to someone in a Dealer store, which operate independently of RS Corporate stores. RS Corporate stores have not been bought out. (Also possible new employee was just uninformed and not willing to say "I don't know.")

        UpMan

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 18, 2014
              Is there any way to locate the non-corporate-owned stores? I know the places that are clearly some other store but have a "Radio Shack" sign added on, with a few parts racks, are not, but I don't have any of those nearby.

              Failing that, if someone wants to pick me up a 996xt for $200, I'll happily pay you $50 additional for shipping + your hassle :)