Re: [BCD396XT] New Feature Request: Temporary [Hold]

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
      Delay has no way to know if you want to hold on the channel or not, so I
      agree it would be a nice feature to have. It could be a SETTINGS
      selection if the HOLD is normal or temporary (as I don't know how else
      you would assign it)

      Joe M.

      KB9WUV@... wrote:
      > its called delay set your delay.temp hold is a wasted
      > feature-----Original Message----- From: bigfella237
      > <bigfella237@...> To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thu, 06
      > Nov 2008 06:19:09 -0000 Subject: [BCD396XT] New Feature Request:
      > Temporary [Hold] Just a thought but would it be possible to have a
      > "Temporary Hold" feature simular to temporary lockout except on a
      > timer? Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting
      > conversation and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15
      > minutes later I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd
      > forgotten to recommence scanning. The feature could operate as
      > temporary lockout does, with a quick press of the [HOLD] key initiating
      > a hold timer (the length of which could be user-set) and two quick
      > presses inducing the current semi-permanent hold?

    • smerri1987
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
        I think it would be a great feature. Way to many times do I do the
        same thing as yourself, hit the hold and a while later it dawns on me
        that my scanner is really quiet, and it is because I was holding a
        frequency.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bigfella237" <bigfella237@...> wrote:

        > Just a thought but would it be possible to have a "Temporary Hold"
        > feature simular to temporary lockout except on a timer?
        >
        > Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting conversation
        > and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15 minutes later
        > I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd forgotten to
        > recommence scanning.
        >
        > The feature could operate as temporary lockout does, with a quick press
        > of the [HOLD] key initiating a hold timer (the length of which could be
        > user-set) and two quick presses inducing the current semi-permanent
        > hold?

      • JETorres
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
          Yes, that would be a nice feature. I vote for it too.

          On Nov 6, 2008, at 6:05 PM, smerri1987 <Smerri1029@...> wrote:

          > I think it would be a great feature. Way to many times do I do the
          > same thing as yourself, hit the hold and a while later it dawns on me
          > that my scanner is really quiet, and it is because I was holding a
          > frequency.
          >
          > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bigfella237" <bigfella237@...>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> Just a thought but would it be possible to have a "Temporary Hold"
          >> feature simular to temporary lockout except on a timer?
          >>
          >> Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting
          >> conversation
          >> and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15 minutes
          >> later
          >> I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd forgotten to
          >> recommence scanning.
          >>
          >> The feature could operate as temporary lockout does, with a quick
          >> press
          >> of the [HOLD] key initiating a hold timer (the length of which
          >> could be
          >> user-set) and two quick presses inducing the current semi-permanent
          >> hold?

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 14, 2008
            Good idea. I like the possibility of pressing hold once and it holds
            for say one minute. Press hold twice in quick succession and it holds
            for 5 or 10 minutes. Three quick presses would induce the
            semi-permanent hold. Having the lockout do the same would be nice.
            With modern processors it wouldn't be hard to have a menu choice to set
            those times to user-defined time periods.

            Mike