Communicating with the BCD396XT

  • robertleemartin08251949
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2014
      Hi!  Has anybody communicated with the radio using a terminal program?  What I am looking to do is to use the native commands to communicate with and 'remote control' the radio.  Just a few features, not a complete remote control system like Butel provides.

      Thanks!

      Bob

    • jadeseayacht1974
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2014
        I haven't.  Is there a way to get it to scan through everything at once?  Mine goes by alphabet like A through C and then does the rest seperately (we have a lot of frequencies in Los Angeles)
        Thanks
        Tom
      • richk107
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2014
          Absolutely.  I used a terminal program when I was writing code to control my scanner using an Arduino.  I've used TeraTerm but basically any serial terminal app will do.  Make sure you match the baud rate to the one set on your scanner.
        • Christopher Beck
          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2014

            Dude, you say "absolutely", but then give no clue to how.

            I think that was the gist of the question.

            You explained nothing to the OP. Nova, puTTY, whatever. I haven't tried, so I don't know, but please don't tease someone and say that you've done it without explaining how. There was a reason the question was asked.  All you said that it could be done.  Neat. What if you asked if you could traffic shape your Genudocom 3500XL router, and I said "absolutely"?

            That's all.

            Non-contribution.

            I would kick myself.