New Feature Request: Temporary [Hold]

  • bigfella237
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
      Just a thought but would it be possible to have a "Temporary Hold"
      feature simular to temporary lockout except on a timer?

      Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting conversation
      and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15 minutes later
      I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd forgotten to
      recommence scanning.

      The feature could operate as temporary lockout does, with a quick press
      of the [HOLD] key initiating a hold timer (the length of which could be
      user-set) and two quick presses inducing the current semi-permanent
      hold?
    • KB9WUV@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
        its called delay set your delay.temp hold is a wasted
        feature-----Original Message----- From: bigfella237
        <bigfella237@...> To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thu, 06
        Nov 2008 06:19:09 -0000 Subject: [BCD396XT] New Feature Request:
        Temporary [Hold] Just a thought but would it be possible to have a
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
          Delay has no way to know if you want to hold on the channel or not, so I
          agree it would be a nice feature to have. It could be a SETTINGS
          selection if the HOLD is normal or temporary (as I don't know how else
          you would assign it)

          Joe M.

          KB9WUV@... wrote:
          > its called delay set your delay.temp hold is a wasted
          > feature-----Original Message----- From: bigfella237
          > <bigfella237@...> To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thu, 06
          > Nov 2008 06:19:09 -0000 Subject: [BCD396XT] New Feature Request:
          > Temporary [Hold] Just a thought but would it be possible to have a
          > "Temporary Hold" feature simular to temporary lockout except on a
          > timer? Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting
          > conversation and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15
          > minutes later I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd
          > forgotten to recommence scanning. The feature could operate as
          > temporary lockout does, with a quick press of the [HOLD] key initiating
          > a hold timer (the length of which could be user-set) and two quick
          > presses inducing the current semi-permanent hold?

        • smerri1987
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
            I think it would be a great feature. Way to many times do I do the
            same thing as yourself, hit the hold and a while later it dawns on me
            that my scanner is really quiet, and it is because I was holding a
            frequency.

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bigfella237" <bigfella237@...> wrote:

            > Just a thought but would it be possible to have a "Temporary Hold"
            > feature simular to temporary lockout except on a timer?
            >
            > Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting conversation
            > and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15 minutes later
            > I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd forgotten to
            > recommence scanning.
            >
            > The feature could operate as temporary lockout does, with a quick press
            > of the [HOLD] key initiating a hold timer (the length of which could be
            > user-set) and two quick presses inducing the current semi-permanent
            > hold?

          • JETorres
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2008
              Yes, that would be a nice feature. I vote for it too.

              On Nov 6, 2008, at 6:05 PM, smerri1987 <Smerri1029@...> wrote:

              > I think it would be a great feature. Way to many times do I do the
              > same thing as yourself, hit the hold and a while later it dawns on me
              > that my scanner is really quiet, and it is because I was holding a
              > frequency.
              >
              > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "bigfella237" <bigfella237@...>
              > wrote:
              >>
              >> Just a thought but would it be possible to have a "Temporary Hold"
              >> feature simular to temporary lockout except on a timer?
              >>
              >> Quite often when scanning I will run across an interesting
              >> conversation
              >> and reach for the [HOLD] button to listen, then 10 or 15 minutes
              >> later
              >> I start wondering why it's so quiet and discover I'd forgotten to
              >> recommence scanning.
              >>
              >> The feature could operate as temporary lockout does, with a quick
              >> press
              >> of the [HOLD] key initiating a hold timer (the length of which
              >> could be
              >> user-set) and two quick presses inducing the current semi-permanent
              >> hold?

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 14, 2008
                Good idea. I like the possibility of pressing hold once and it holds
                for say one minute. Press hold twice in quick succession and it holds
                for 5 or 10 minutes. Three quick presses would induce the
                semi-permanent hold. Having the lockout do the same would be nice.
                With modern processors it wouldn't be hard to have a menu choice to set
                those times to user-defined time periods.

                Mike