Transmissions breaking up and dropping out.

  • david40_33711
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2014

      A call out to anyone in Pinellas FL that is receiving P25 calls well. My reception is constantly breaking up and dropping out. If you are getting reliable reception please share the setting you are using.

      Thanks

    • John Stark
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2014
        Check that you didn't turn on any of the priorities like CC, WX or one of the priority scans.

        david40@... wrote:

        A call out to anyone in Pinellas FL that is receiving P25 calls well. My reception is constantly breaking up and dropping out. If you are getting reliable reception please share the setting you are using.

        Thanks

      • David
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2014
          WX was on, Wow, what a difference! Thank You!
        • John Stark
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2014
            Yup, no problem!

            David <david40@...> wrote:

            WX was on, Wow, what a difference! Thank You!
          • John Kintz
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2014
              I'm in south Pinellas (FL) and all I get on the P25 system are an occasional burst of talkgroup info but very little actual voice.  Which site should I be hearing better?

              -JK

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 31, 2014
                I'm not sure one is any better than the other. The Sites are actually all in the same physical location just North of Ulmerton Road. I have mine set to scan all the sites including Toytown and Ridgecrest. Maybe you are just in a dead spot.