Odd Talk Group Received

  • david40_33711
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2014

      I was scanning Pinellas IDs and very briefly an odd talk group popped up. Now enough talk to determine who it might be.

      i706240 which kept flashing to i25014, there was also a flashing SRC and DST along with those number repectively. I never saw a talk group with a letter in it. Anyone have any idea what those were about?

      Thanks

    • John Stark
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2014
        ICALL, its the UID pulse i  signifying an ICALL

        david40@... wrote:

        I was scanning Pinellas IDs and very briefly an odd talk group popped up. Now enough talk to determine who it might be.

        i706240 which kept flashing to i25014, there was also a flashing SRC and DST along with those number repectively. I never saw a talk group with a letter in it. Anyone have any idea what those were about?

        Thanks

      • Jeffry Rehm
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2014
          It is an I-call. The SRC stands for "source" and the DST stands for "destination". I-call is similar to a phone patch. But I am sure that is a bad analogy and someone here will correct me. Sounds like a good catch.

          I was scanning Pinellas IDs and very briefly an odd talk group popped up. Now enough talk to determine who it might be.

          i706240 which kept flashing to i25014, there was also a flashing SRC and DST along with those number repectively. I never saw a talk group with a letter in it. Anyone have any idea what those were about?

          Thanks
        • Rich Carlson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2014
            As others have mentioned it is an I-Call. This is a call between two individual radios that is not heard by other system users' radios. Sometimes they call it Private Call or other terms.

            --
            Rich Carlson, N9JIG