Plant City Fla

  • david40_33711
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2014

      Does anyone know if Plant City has switched to a new system? I had been using the three conventional frequencies they use for EMS, Police Dispatch, and Tactical I got from RadioReference. I was over there Saturday and didn't pick up a single call all day. I know it's not a big town but in the past there has always been some activity. Did they switch to the Hillsborough trunked system or what?

    • David Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2014

        It appears they have talkgroups on the Hillsborough County EDACS system also. So being up here in Ohio and not down there in the Tampa area I would suspect they are on the TRS and not using the VHF frequencies listed in the database anymore.

        Hope that helps point you in the right direction.

        Dave
        N8DHW

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

        Does anyone know if Plant City has switched to a new system? I had been using the three conventional frequencies they use for EMS, Police Dispatch, and Tactical I got from RadioReference. I was over there Saturday and didn't pick up a single call all day. I know it's not a big town but in the past there has always been some activity. Did they switch to the Hillsborough trunked system or what?

      • Frank Leidy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2014
          RadioReference lists Plant City as part of the Hillsboro County Public Safety system (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=220).  This doesn't appear to be a recent change, as the Downloads page for the system shows history changes in 11/2012 related to Plant City.  You may want to try that system.

          Frank

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2014
            OK, I see them now. They must have continued to use the conventional frequencies for a short time and then abandoned them.
            Thanks