Re: 396XT---sucess!!!

  • brey1234
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 11, 2014
      SUCcESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

      I got the freq info from Radio Reference and downloaded each county into banks..and the info seems right ;-)

      One question.....How do I get the frequencies to read out??? AND how do I get the scanner to scan UP.  Right now it's scanning DOWN ;-(

      Bob

      In a message dated 1/11/2014 1:28:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, capt_clint@... writes:
      Yes, I have ARCXTPro. Did you load the file I sent? Have you tried to
      create a system as I described? Have you got the software communicating
      with the scanner? That can be more challenging than the data entry.
      http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connecting_scanners_via_USB

        It is really very simple once you see the underlying structure.
      Systems(Banks) are like the main folder on a PC. Groups are like sub
      folders into which you put the frequencies for the system(bank). You
      need at least 1 group for every system. Once you have that under your
      belt, then it is just a lot of typing.

      You really should save yourself all that mind numbing data entry with
      the potential for mistakes, and get a premium RR membership for $7.5

      --
      Clint Chamberlin
      CAPT'N CLINT'S PLACE

      http://home.epix.net/~captclint/

    • sf
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 11, 2014
        Turn the nob on top of the Scanner to the right direction for up scanning or left for down.

        Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:25 PM
        Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: 396XT---sucess!!!

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 11, 2014
          I would describe it is clockwise for up, and counter-clockwise for down.
          (looking at the scroll knob from above).

          Looking at the front of it, left would be up and right would be down.

          Joe M.

          sf wrote:

          > Turn the nob on top of the Scanner to the right direction for up
          > scanning or left for down.

        • sf
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 11, 2014
            Sorry for making it foolproof for our “youth” ...... hopefully the remember right is where you shake hello with your right hand..............
            Please forgive me I grew up in Europe...)
            Sadly my Daughter says she can only read a digital clock even I had painted one Wall in my Kitchen as a caulk board Wall with an analog clock.

            sf wrote:

            > Turn the nob on top of the Scanner to the right direction for up
            > scanning or left for down.

          • brey1234
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 12, 2014
              How do I get the frequencies to read out?  I have the Butel ARC XT basic software/

              Bob

              sf wrote:

              > Turn the nob on top of the Scanner to the right direction for up
              > scanning or left for down.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  BCD396XT-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  BCD396XT-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • wbowery
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 26, 2014

                I'm guessing you mean for the frequencies to read out on the 396XT when it isn't connected to the computer. To toggle through the screen options, press the function key and hit 6. I think the second display option will give you the alpha name in large print, with the frequency or talkgroup number in smaller type below and left of the alpha tag for that channel.

              • brey1234
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 26, 2014
                  I feel STUPID asking this question but I can't seem to adjust the Squelch on my 396xt---How is that done?  Does it work similar to the volume control?

                  Bob