P25 Data Channel Monitor

  • jcarter0@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014
      I'm looking for a way (program)to monitor the data channel and log talk group ID's. I'm using FreeScan and ARC ST Pro to program and have no problem with programing the scanner. I'm importing the systems from Radio Reference, but I'm looking for TG ID's that may not be documented.
    • Gary Saffer
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014
        Won't running the trunk system in "Search" mode do that for you?

        On 1/6/2014 11:15, jcarter0@... wrote:
        > I'm looking for a way (program)to monitor the data channel and log talk group ID's. I'm using FreeScan and ARC ST Pro to program and have no problem with programing the scanner. I'm importing the systems from Radio Reference, but I'm looking for TG ID's that may not be documented.

      • BILL LAUCHLAN
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014
          Yes. And if you also lock out all the programmed ones. then you will be left with only the unknown ones in the log.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014
            I have Systems programmed just like that for that reason.

            Joe M.

            BILL LAUCHLAN wrote:

            > Yes. And if you also lock out all the programmed ones. then you will be
            > left with only the unknown ones in the log.

          • Ben
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014
              Hi,

              I have been using the BCD396XT for a while now and been very happy
              with it.  I am really pleased with FreeScan and how I can export and
              import data from it.

              There are a lot of digital frequencies that I am unable to decode. I
              know that perhaps some of these are scrambled, however given the
              industry I work in, I do know that not all of these are scrambled and
              it is my scanner that is having trouble.  This is more than likely
              because I haven't programmed it correctly.

              I live in Melbourne Australia and  know there are a few in this
              group in the same location.

              Attached is a list of frequencies I am unable to listen to with some
              examples on how I have programmed them (see second tab).  Any help
              would be greatly appreciated.  I have tried putting them into new
              systems (such as P25 Standard Digital xt) with no luck.

              Regards,

              Ben

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014
                Don't see any list, and I'm not familiar with what system types are used
                down under, but remember that scanners can only decode P25. They can't
                decode other digital forms such as DMR, D-STAR, TETRA, or others.

                Joe M.

                Ben wrote:

                > Hi,
                >

                > I have been using the BCD396XT for a while now and been very happy
                > with it. I am really pleased with FreeScan and how I can export and
                > import data from it.
                >

                > There are a lot of digital frequencies that I am unable to decode. I
                > know that perhaps some of these are scrambled, however given the
                > industry I work in, I do know that not all of these are scrambled and
                > it is my scanner that is having trouble. This is more than likely
                > because I haven't programmed it correctly.
                >

                > I live in Melbourne Australia and know there are a few in this
                > group in the same location.
                >

                > Attached is a list of frequencies I am unable to listen to with some
                > examples on how I have programmed them (see second tab). Any help
                > would be greatly appreciated. I have tried putting them into new
                > systems (such as P25 Standard Digital xt) with no luck.
                >

                > Regards,
                >

                > Ben

                > Yahoo Groups Links

              • Ben
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014

                   Looks like the attachment didn't come through.  Here are some of the frequencies:

                  Freq RX User CTCSS Analog or Dig Notes 163.2500 Country Fire Authority P25 Digital Only   418.5000     Digital Only Unable to decode 418.8125     Digital Only Unable to decode 420.0250 Ambulance 166 Digital Only   420.0750     Digital Only Unable to decode 420.1125     Digital Only Unable to decode 420.3250     Digital Only Unable to decode 421.3250 State of Victoria - Department of Justice SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 421.5500 Ambulance 166 Digital Only Unable to decode 421.7000     Digital Only Unable to decode 421.8250     Digital Only Unable to decode 421.8375 Ambulance P25 Digital Only Unable to decode 421.9250 State of Victoria - Department of Justice 166 Digital Only Unable to decode 421.9375     Digital Only Unable to decode 422.0375     Digital Only Unable to decode 422.2000 MFB 166 Digital Only Unable to decode 422.2250 State of Victoria - Department of Justice 168 Digital Only   422.8000     Digital Only Unable to decode 461.4125 Wannon Region Water Corporation SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 461.4312 City West Water None Digital Only Unable to decode 461.5062 West Region Water Corp SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 462.9375 Victorian Rail Track SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 463.2750 Westfield SC Management Knox SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 463.3000 Southland Shopping Centre SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 464.6875 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 465.1375 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 465.3000 Southland Shopping Centre SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 466.0625 City of Darebin SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 466.8750 MFB - Ch 03 SRCH Digital Only   466.9625 Cranbourne Transit / Cardinia Transit SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 467.4750 MFB - Ch 02   Digital Only ENC Sig is encrypted P25 dig so scanner has muted 467.7750 MFB - Ch 01 164 Digital Only Unable to decode 467.8375 Ambulance 165 Digital Only   468.0000 Ambulance 166 Digital Only Unable to decode 468.1812     Digital Only Unable to decode 468.1825   SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 468.2125 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 468.2375 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 468.3750 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 468.4375 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 468.5000 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 468.5250 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 468.6750 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 468.8750 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 468.9750 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 469.1375 State of Victoria - Department of Justice   Digital Only Unable to decode 469.4375 State of Victoria - Department of Justice SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 470.2500 Crosscom Pty Ltd   Digital Only Unable to decode 471.1000 JRD Communications Pty Ltd   Digital Only Unable to decode 472.0750 GTV Ch9 TV   Digital Only   472.1500 St Johns Ambulance SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 472.2750     Digital Only Unable to decode 472.3375 JRD Communications Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 472.7500 JRD Communications Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 472.8000 HSV Ch7 TV None Digital Only   472.9000 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 473.1500 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 473.4375 SHR Communications Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 473.7000 ABC Ch2 TV SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 473.8000 Whitehorse Shopping Centre   Digital Only   473.8250 Eastland Shopping Centre SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 484.9750 GTV Ch9 TV None Digital Only   485.5250 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only   485.5500 Murray Goulburn Co-Operative Co Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 486.4000 Dandenong Taxis Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 486.5750 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 486.7000 Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 486.7250 SIMOCO AUSTRALASIA PTY LTD SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 486.9750 Silver Top Taxi Service Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 487.0500 Bus Communication Systems Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 488.3250 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only   488.3750 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only Unable to decode 488.3875 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only Unable to decode 488.4000 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only   488.4500 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only Unable to decode 489.0500 Silver Top Taxi Service Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 489.4500 Silver Top Taxi Service Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 489.5250 Australian Federal Police SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 489.5500 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only Unable to decode 489.8000 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only Unable to decode 489.9500 Australian Federal Police 141 Digital Only Unable to decode 489.9750 Silver Top Taxi Service Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.1125 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited None Digital Only Unable to decode 490.2250 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.3875 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.5000 A A RADIO NETWORKS PTY LTD SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.5375 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.5625 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.6625 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.7875 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.9125 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 490.9375 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 491.1125 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 491.1375 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 491.2250 ADI Munitions Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 491.3250 Sheriffs Office Enforcement Operations SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 491.5125 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 491.5750 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 491.9750 In Control Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.0625 Crosscom Pty Ltd 16B Digital Only Unable to decode 492.1500 Citadines Melbourne On Bourke Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.1875 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.4500 Green Orbital Route 902 SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.6750 Bus Communications System SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.6875 HSV Ch7 TV SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.8000 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.8250 Robert Bosch (Australia) Proprietary Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.8375 Bus Communications System SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.8500 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 492.8750 Mix FM 101.1 FM   Digital Only   492.9500 Crosscom Pty Ltd None Digital Only Unable to decode 493.0125 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 493.5125 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 493.9125 Crosscom Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 493.9250 GTV Ch9 TV   Digital Only   493.9500 ABC Ch2 TV   Digital Only   494.1250 Yarra Valley Water Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 494.2500 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 495.7375 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited None Digital Only Unable to decode 496.1125 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited None Digital Only   496.3125 Vertical Telecoms Pty Limited None Digital Only Unable to decode 497.3875 Crosscom Pty Ltd None Digital Only Unable to decode 497.8750 Bus Communication Systems Pty Ltd   Digital Only Unable to decode 500.0375 RIEDEL Communications Australia Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only   500.0500 Crosscom Pty Ltd None Digital Only Unable to decode 500.8750 Australian Federal Police   Digital Only Unable to decode 501.1375 Combined Communications Network None Digital Only Unable to decode 501.1625 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 501.1750 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 501.1875 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 501.2000 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 501.2250 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 501.2375 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 501.3375 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 501.3875 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 501.8500 TRANSLINK OPERATIONS PTY LIMITED SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 502.1375 Australian Broadcasting Corporation None Digital Only Unable to decode 503.1500 Motorola Solutions Australia Pty Limited   Digital Only Unable to decode 503.2750 Motorola Solutions Australia Pty Limited   Digital Only Unable to decode 503.3125 Victorian Arts Centre Trust SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 503.3250 Ambulance 165 Digital Only Unable to decode 503.4375 Melbourne & Olympic Parks Trust None Digital Only Unable to decode 504.6125 Combined Communications Network SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 505.0875 Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Limited None Digital Only Unable to decode 506.0125 Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Limited DCS 125 Digital Only Unable to decode 506.4125 Colonial First State Management Pty Ltd SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 506.5875 Bus Communications System SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 507.0500 Sky Bus SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 507.1250 West Trans Bus SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 507.3625 Bus Communications System SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 507.3750 Melbourne Bus Link OR SKYBUS SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 507.9375 Crosscom Pty Ltd None Digital Only Unable to decode 508.5250 Bus Communications System 136.5Hz Digital Only Unable to decode 508.6500 Ventura SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 509.0500 Dysons SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 509.2500 Grenda SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 509.3250 Cranbourne Transit / Cardinia Transit SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode

[...]

                  Recent Activity:
                  .

                  __,__,___
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014
                    That list isn't very readable, but where you have SRCH is that
                    CTCSS/CDCSS SEARCH? If so, the scanner won't even try to decode P25
                    since you're telling it that it's an analog channel. If it's NAC SEARCH,
                    that is OK.

                    Joe M.

                    Ben wrote:

> [...]
                    > Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Limited DCS 125 Digital Only
                    > Unable to decode 506.4125 Colonial First State Management Pty Ltd SRCH
                    > Digital Only Unable to decode 506.5875 Bus Communications System SRCH
                    > Digital Only Unable to decode 507.0500 Sky Bus SRCH Digital Only Unable
                    > to decode 507.1250 West Trans Bus SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                    > 507.3625 Bus Communications System SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                    > 507.3750 Melbourne Bus Link OR SKYBUS SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                    > 507.9375 Crosscom Pty Ltd None Digital Only Unable to decode 508.5250
                    > Bus Communications System 136.5Hz Digital Only Unable to decode 508.6500
                    > Ventura SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 509.0500 Dysons SRCH Digital
                    > Only Unable to decode 509.2500 Grenda SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                    > 509.3250 Cranbourne Transit / Cardinia Transit SRCH Digital Only Unable

                  • Ben
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014

                      Thanks Joe,

                      Yes I have SRCH in the NAC when I am unsure what the NAC is or the scanner can't find it.

                      I attached the list, but yahoo removed it,  If anyone lives in Melbourne and would like it, please let me know your email.

                      Benwork@...

                      Ben wrote:

> [...]
                      > Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Limited DCS 125 Digital Only
                      > Unable to decode 506.4125 Colonial First State Management Pty Ltd SRCH
                      > Digital Only Unable to decode 506.5875 Bus Communications System SRCH
                      > Digital Only Unable to decode 507.0500 Sky Bus SRCH Digital Only Unable
                      > to decode 507.1250 West Trans Bus SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                      > 507.3625 Bus Communications System SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                      > 507.3750 Melbourne Bus Link OR SKYBUS SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                      > 507.9375 Crosscom Pty Ltd None Digital Only Unable to decode 508.5250
                      > Bus Communications System 136.5Hz Digital Only Unable to decode 508.6500
                      > Ventura SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 509.0500 Dysons SRCH Digital
                      > Only Unable to decode 509.2500 Grenda SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                      > 509.3250 Cranbourne Transit / Cardinia Transit SRCH Digital Only Unable

                      <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                      BCD396XT-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      BCD396XT-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    • OB
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 6, 2014
                        Not in Vic but I believe a lot of stuff down there is also encrypted.

                        Ben wrote:

> [...]
                        > Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Limited DCS 125 Digital Only
                        > Unable to decode 506.4125 Colonial First State Management Pty Ltd SRCH
                        > Digital Only Unable to decode 506.5875 Bus Communications System SRCH
                        > Digital Only Unable to decode 507.0500 Sky Bus SRCH Digital Only Unable
                        > to decode 507.1250 West Trans Bus SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                        > 507.3625 Bus Communications System SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                        > 507.3750 Melbourne Bus Link OR SKYBUS SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                        > 507.9375 Crosscom Pty Ltd None Digital Only Unable to decode 508.5250
                        > Bus Communications System 136.5Hz Digital Only Unable to decode 508.6500
                        > Ventura SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode 509.0500 Dysons SRCH Digital
                        > Only Unable to decode 509.2500 Grenda SRCH Digital Only Unable to decode
                        > 509.3250 Cranbourne Transit / Cardinia Transit SRCH Digital Only Unable

                      • Greg Shepherd
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 7, 2014

                          2a. P25 Data Channel Monitor
                              Posted by: "jcarter0@..." jcarter0@... jcarter0@...
                              Date: Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:24 am ((PST))

                          I'm looking for a way (program)to monitor the data channel and log talk group
                          ID's.  I'm using FreeScan and ARC ST Pro to program and have no problem with
                          programing the scanner. I'm importing the systems from Radio Reference, but I'm
                          looking for TG ID's that may not be documented.

                          Try this.

                          http://www.psredit.com/pro96com/

                          Greg
                        • Johnny C Carter JR
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 10, 2014
                            I could not get Pro96Com or BCTool to work, no matter how hard I tried....then...rethinking this, the system I was trying to monitor is Motorola Type 2 Smartzone.  Sometimes its the little things that get you.  I did find UniTracker will do what I need...Thanks for the responses, and any other program suggestions would be appreciated.