question

  • Jim Mehl
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 20, 2013
      I have a new BCD396XT. The firmware is V1.11.01. I have installed
      ARC XT PRO software, V1.9-Build 2 on Windows 7. I am trying to
      get them to talk to each other. I am using the Uniden USB-1 cable.
      I have installed the PL-2303 driver software and rebooted. Windows
      recognizes the driver. The CheckChip tool tells me I have chip
      PL2303HXD which is supposed to work on Windows 7 (and 8).
      However the ARC software tells me it cannot detect my scanner.
      I have tried baudrates of both 57,600 and 115,200.

      Any suggestions?

      Jim
    • N1chu
      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 28, 2013
        John,

        I believe I must have had a different problem as the USB ports did not work with anything. But, since using a previous driver fixed my problem, namely, restoring the ports, I can assume that while my problem was a different one, affecting all USB ports and anything I plugged into them, the correction was the same, using a different driver.

        Bill