This isn't a GRE/Whistler Group

  • RJH
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2013
      BCD396XT

      Hi all,

      I agree with Bob. This is the BCD 396XT Group can we move the GRE/Whistler discussions to their own group. It’s all vapor ware. I was hoping when GRE went under that would be it, wishful thinking I guess.

      No Robert, it’s about keeping relevant information to each list, this topic isn’t relevant

      Thanks,

      Ray

    • Emmett Gulley
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2013
        MODERATOR'S NOTE: GRE was not bought by Whistler. Whistler bought GRE's intellectual property and designs (technically GRE Japan still exists on paper, but is not in the scanner business any longer...or any other business, for that matter).

        ============END NOTE==============

        Gre has been bought by whistler. If somebody comes in this group wanting info on it, then give it to them instead of what you just said, that is rude.

        On Tuesday, October 15, 2013, RJH <rjhill3@...> wrote:
        > �
        >
        > �
        >
        > Hi all,
        >
        > �
        >
        > I agree with Bob. This is the BCD 396XT Group can we move the GRE/Whistler discussions to their own group. It�s all vapor ware. I was hoping when GRE went under that would be it, wishful thinking I guess.
        >
        > �
        >
        > No Robert, it�s about keeping relevant information to each list, this topic isn�t relevant
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > �
        >
        > Ray
        >
        > 1a
        >
        > Re: BCD536HP wiki page scanner image posted on the wiki now ;) by "Bob Burns W9BU" w9bu_lists
        >
        > 1b
        >
        > Re: BCD536HP wiki page scanner image posted on the� wiki now ;) by "Robert Marshall" scooterdog13
        >
        > 2a

      • Uniden UPMan
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 16, 2013
          With that said, please do take general discussions of the Whistler models to:

          UpMan

          MODERATOR'S NOTE: GRE was not bought by Whistler. Whistler bought GRE's intellectual property and designs (technically GRE Japan still exists on paper, but is not in the scanner business any longer...or any other business, for that matter).

          ============END NOTE==============

          Gre has been bought by whistler. If somebody comes in this group wanting info on it, then give it to them instead of what you just said, that is rude.

          On Tuesday, October 15, 2013, RJH <rjhill3@...> wrote:
          > �
          >
          > �
          >
          > Hi all,
          >
          > �
          >
          > I agree with Bob. This is the BCD 396XT Group can we move the GRE/Whistler discussions to their own group. It�s all vapor ware. I was hoping when GRE went under that would be it, wishful thinking I guess.
          >
          > �
          >
          > No Robert, it�s about keeping relevant information to each list, this topic isn�t relevant
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > �
          >
          > Ray
          >
          > 1a
          >
          > Re: BCD536HP wiki page scanner image posted on the wiki now ;) by "Bob Burns W9BU" w9bu_lists
          >
          > 1b
          >
          > Re: BCD536HP wiki page scanner image posted on the� wiki now ;) by "Robert Marshall" scooterdog13
          >
          > 2a

        • Emmett Gulley
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 16, 2013
            GRE Japan no longer has any business licenses according to several dealers. GRE HAS been bought by whistler because the IP is still under current GRE business dealings. Don Starr and Chris, 2 very outspoken former employees of GRE, have been confirmed as being employees of whistler now

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 16, 2013
              So the fact that Whistler themselves have said that they "purchased the
              IP of GRE America" doesn't mean anything, and we are supposed to believe
              you over them even though they are the company who we are talking about?
              If the two former GRE employees are now employees of Whistler, that
              contradicts what you said, as they would still be employees of GRE if
              Whistler simply purchased GRE. There would be no reason to change their
              employment. I think it's clear that Whistler purchased the IP (as they
              said they did) and not the company.

              That said, let's PLEASE take the issue over to one of the Whistler
              lists. The original announcement was fringe on-topic (since it deals
              with a direct competitor to the BCD396XT), but all this after-talk is not.

              Joe M.