Is there a way to receive EDACS ProVoice on the BCD 396XT

  • scannerguysatx
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2013
      I would like to know if there is any way possible to receive EDACS ProVoice on the BCD 396XT
    • Jim Walls
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2013
        On 10/15/2013 09:24, scanmansatx@... wrote:
        I would like to know if there is any way possible to receive EDACS ProVoice on the BCD 396XT

        No.

        --
        73
        -------------------------------------

      • Gary Saffer
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2013
          No.

          On 10/16/2013 02:13, Jim Walls wrote:
          > On 10/15/2013 09:24, scanmansatx@... wrote:
          >>

          >> I would like to know if there is any way possible to receive EDACS
          >> ProVoice on the BCD 396XT
          >
          > No.

        • Matthew Mummert
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 16, 2013
            The direct answer is NO however there is computer software that lets you decode stuff like ProVoice using two scanners linked to a computer running the software.  I don't know much about it, just that it does exist.

            This is assuming it's not encrypted of course.

            Sent from my iPad 3

            On Oct 15, 2013, at 12:24, scanmansatx@... wrote:

            I would like to know if there is any way possible to receive EDACS ProVoice on the BCD 396XT

          • N1chu
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2013
              I'd lie to hear more about how to use two scanners and a computer to hear unscrambled EDACS Pro Voice. I believe the City of Waterbury Ct. had a system that required this type of trunked tracking... And I think they have since done away with it with an APCO 25 system which is compatible with current trunking scanners. Can anyone elaborate on the 2 scanner/computer setup? Software programming available?
            • Dubir
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 17, 2013
                +1

                Sent from my iPhone