RE: Re: [BCD396XT] San Antonio, Tx Programming BCD396XT

  • scannerguysatx
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2013

      Is the  DSD  program a free download?

      Is it Windows 8 compatible?

      Do I need a Serial Port?

      How is it programmed in to the scanner?

      Is it user friendly?

      ---In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, <bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      DSD is the program.

      scanmansatx@... wrote:

      Upon some research, I understand that the Police, Fire and Emergency Dispatch transmit using a format known as the EDACS ProVoice System in San Antonio, TX.. Does this mean that a conventional trunking scanner will be unable to pick up these transmissions like I have read?

      I understand that there is some sort of decoding software that can be used to decode the transmission making it audible to a listener? If so, how would one go about using this software and is it workable on the BC 898T? I am also using Windows 8 and even when attempting to connect the scanner to the laptop, it is never recognized using a RS232 To USB Cable. I discovered this when attempting to download a firmware update to the scanner.

      I have also had my eye on a Uniden HomePatrol1 but understand that this also can not do EDACS ProVoice System but can if programmed with a DD Program?

      I have been away from scanners for several years and feel helpless at this point as I can not get any frequencies to come in down here. Back in San Francisco, I did not have this problem. I just want to be able to receive transmissions down here..

      The following is the link for the programming information.

      Russ