Re: [BCD396XT] San Antonio, Tx Programming BCD396XT

  • John Stark
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2013
      DSD is the program.

      scanmansatx@... wrote:

      Upon some research, I understand that the Police, Fire and Emergency Dispatch transmit using a format known as the EDACS ProVoice System in San Antonio, TX.. Does this mean that a conventional trunking scanner will be unable to pick up these transmissions like I have read?

      I understand that there is some sort of decoding software that can be used to decode the transmission making it audible to a listener? If so, how would one go about using this software and is it workable on the BC 898T? I am also using Windows 8 and even when attempting to connect the scanner to the laptop, it is never recognized using a RS232 To USB Cable. I discovered this when attempting to download a firmware update to the scanner.

      I have also had my eye on a Uniden HomePatrol1 but understand that this also can not do EDACS ProVoice System but can if programmed with a DD Program?

      I have been away from scanners for several years and feel helpless at this point as I can not get any frequencies to come in down here. Back in San Francisco, I did not have this problem. I just want to be able to receive transmissions down here..

      The following is the link for the programming information.

      Russ

    • scannerguysatx
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2013

        Is the  DSD  program a free download?

        Is it Windows 8 compatible?

        Do I need a Serial Port?

        How is it programmed in to the scanner?

        Is it user friendly?

        ---In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, <bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        DSD is the program.

        scanmansatx@... wrote:

[...]

      • N1chu
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2013
          I expect the BC898T has the new firmware to allow for rebranding? And the 396XT can be programmed using the computer with Radioreference.com. But I have seen issues with this with regards to what operating system the computer is running that might relate to any connection problems you experience. I'm sure there will be additional replys to your posting - from those with firsthand experience, that will help.

          Bill