Re: [BCD396XT] RE: Question for someone...out there, over there, ya you get offa my cloud!

  • Yak Yak
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013

      Awesome well asked and answered! Tyvm for all the input. It was just a little weird to me because that's the only group it does it too. And another neato thing I found ( which might actually be old news) is when u add a p25 type system u only need to add the control freqs for each site and it will actually scan the appropriate freqs decoded from the stream u don't need to put each and every freq into the grp - and using this method seems to work even better with the location based / multi sites per system.

      From: MCH <mch@...>; To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>; Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Question for someone...out there, over there, ya you get offa my cloud! Sent: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 1:42:24 PM
      I found your pics directly on the group. It looks like it may be a bug
      in FreeScan. Make sure you have the correct step size selected (6.25 kHz
      step). BTW, that is the 10s of Hz digit.

      What is it showing when you re-upload to the scanner?

      Joe M.

      yak_yak@... wrote:
      > Hey just wondering why my BCD396XT with the latest firmware would be changing the last, I would presume its the KHz portion of the frequency to a 0 instead of a 5 like its supposed to be - when I change it and then upload it to the unit it works and the system is crystal clear, however when I download the database to work on it and then upload it back into the unit it's changed and so it the audio sounding from the channels as well as the receive distance.  I posted some screenshots of what I'm referring to here to
      the group archives (I'll delete them after a bit of discussion)

      > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/rJBDUlpKVj8cgHDCF4b-Hl6bmW9g0YEJYIfKDuHEvxyigOOkALX3QOFh6IasdOHDPzxZ2LqfCEbspS7ThcEJXSN-zjpuc4Ny83Xn9wfG594QqCHO/ebrr_2.jpg
      >
      > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cJBDUosF2JL7rvWcqvTGeFFXP6ImSgaxpKygtlVDQTLeZzRyxaBw1QbD7MSAfZnoUxd8lOwLVlDZevczsuAwyQslcZBclRjc8vn2Z8Ctc9Ltzkaw/alco_ebrcs1_screen2.jpg
      >
      > any help or info on why it does this would be appreciated!

      > Yahoo!
      Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional