Question for someone...out there, over there, ya you get offa my cloud!

  • yak_yak@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 25, 2013
      Hey just wondering why my BCD396XT with the latest firmware would be changing the last, I would presume its the KHz portion of the frequency to a 0 instead of a 5 like its supposed to be - when I change it and then upload it to the unit it works and the system is crystal clear, however when I download the database to work on it and then upload it back into the unit it's changed and so it the audio sounding from the channels as well as the receive distance. I posted some screenshots of what I'm referring to here to the group archives (I'll delete them after a bit of discussion)

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/rJBDUlpKVj8cgHDCF4b-Hl6bmW9g0YEJYIfKDuHEvxyigOOkALX3QOFh6IasdOHDPzxZ2LqfCEbspS7ThcEJXSN-zjpuc4Ny83Xn9wfG594QqCHO/ebrr_2.jpg

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cJBDUosF2JL7rvWcqvTGeFFXP6ImSgaxpKygtlVDQTLeZzRyxaBw1QbD7MSAfZnoUxd8lOwLVlDZevczsuAwyQslcZBclRjc8vn2Z8Ctc9Ltzkaw/alco_ebrcs1_screen2.jpg

      any help or info on why it does this would be appreciated!
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013
        You didn't say what SW you are using, and your pics come up
        "document not found". Could you give some more specific examples?

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013
          I found your pics directly on the group. It looks like it may be a bug
          in FreeScan. Make sure you have the correct step size selected (6.25 kHz
          step). BTW, that is the 10s of Hz digit.

          What is it showing when you re-upload to the scanner?

          Joe M.

          yak_yak@... wrote:
          > Hey just wondering why my BCD396XT with the latest firmware would be changing the last, I would presume its the KHz portion of the frequency to a 0 instead of a 5 like its supposed to be - when I change it and then upload it to the unit it works and the system is crystal clear, however when I download the database to work on it and then upload it back into the unit it's changed and so it the audio sounding from the channels as well as the receive distance. I posted some screenshots of what I'm referring to here to the group archives (I'll delete them after a bit of discussion)
          >
          > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/rJBDUlpKVj8cgHDCF4b-Hl6bmW9g0YEJYIfKDuHEvxyigOOkALX3QOFh6IasdOHDPzxZ2LqfCEbspS7ThcEJXSN-zjpuc4Ny83Xn9wfG594QqCHO/ebrr_2.jpg
          >
          > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cJBDUosF2JL7rvWcqvTGeFFXP6ImSgaxpKygtlVDQTLeZzRyxaBw1QbD7MSAfZnoUxd8lOwLVlDZevczsuAwyQslcZBclRjc8vn2Z8Ctc9Ltzkaw/alco_ebrcs1_screen2.jpg
          >
          > any help or info on why it does this would be appreciated!

        • Yak Yak
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013

            Yap forgot yo mention it Is Freescan in using - :) - Ive tried manually adding directly to.the radio and it serms to change it. For some reason I'm thinking it might just be the IC or IF of the individual radio now lol -

            yak_yak@... wrote:
            > Hey just wondering why my BCD396XT with the latest firmware would be changing the last, I would presume its the KHz portion of the frequency to a 0 instead of a 5 like its supposed to be - when I change it and then upload it to the unit it works and the system is crystal clear, however when I download the database to work on it and then upload it back into the unit it's changed and so it the audio sounding from the channels as well as the receive distance.  I posted some screenshots of what I'm referring to here to
            the group archives (I'll delete them after a bit of discussion)

            > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/rJBDUlpKVj8cgHDCF4b-Hl6bmW9g0YEJYIfKDuHEvxyigOOkALX3QOFh6IasdOHDPzxZ2LqfCEbspS7ThcEJXSN-zjpuc4Ny83Xn9wfG594QqCHO/ebrr_2.jpg
            >
            > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cJBDUosF2JL7rvWcqvTGeFFXP6ImSgaxpKygtlVDQTLeZzRyxaBw1QbD7MSAfZnoUxd8lOwLVlDZevczsuAwyQslcZBclRjc8vn2Z8Ctc9Ltzkaw/alco_ebrcs1_screen2.jpg
            >
            > any help or info on why it does this would be appreciated!
            >

            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Yahoo!
            Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                BCD396XT-digest@yahoogroups.com
                BCD396XT-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • uniden.upman
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013

              The last digit represents 5 Hz, which is insignificant to reception. The scanner itself truncates that last digit.

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013
                Typo. 50, not 5 (still not significant to FM reception).

                From: MCH <mch@...>; To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>; Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Question for someone...out there, over there, ya you get offa my cloud! Sent: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 1:42:24 PM

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013
                  In addition to what Paul mentioned, make sure the step size is correct.

                  If it's truncating the last digit, no issue. But if it's changing the
                  frequency otherwise, it's a step size issue.

                  Joe M.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013
                    Insignificant to reception, yes, but I bet the scanner PLL still tunes
                    to the correct frequency, right? IOW, only the display is truncated)

                    Joe M.

                    uniden.upman@... wrote:

                    > The last digit represents 5 Hz, which is insignificant to reception. The
                    > scanner itself truncates that last digit.
                    >

                    > ---In bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com, <yak_yak@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Yap forgot yo mention it Is Freescan in using - :) - Ive tried manually
                    > adding directly to.the radio and it serms to change it. For some reason
                    > I'm thinking it might just be the IC or IF of the individual radio now
                    > lol -
                    >

                    > * From: * MCH <mch@...>;

                  • Yak Yak
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 26, 2013

                      Awesome well asked and answered! Tyvm for all the input. It was just a little weird to me because that's the only group it does it too. And another neato thing I found ( which might actually be old news) is when u add a p25 type system u only need to add the control freqs for each site and it will actually scan the appropriate freqs decoded from the stream u don't need to put each and every freq into the grp - and using this method seems to work even better with the location based / multi sites per system.

                      From: MCH <mch@...>; To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>; Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Question for someone...out there, over there, ya you get offa my cloud! Sent: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 1:42:24 PM