Re: [BCD396XT] BCD 396XT No longer hears New York State Electric & Gas

  • Robert Arenella
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 25, 2013
      After checking it on some local LE freqs, you may be right about
      front end damage. I can hear the local PD signal, but they are only
      about 3 miles from me & have a very strong sig level here. I can
      sometimes hear them on my handi talkies without an antenna. I can't
      hear the County Sheriff without the outside antenna and they are about 8
      miles away.

      I have at least 11 SMA antennas, and unless they are ALL bad,
      it's either a lousy / bad connection or a smoked front end.

      I use this portable about once a week, usually when we go out to
      dinner. Pampered from day one, I'm not not exactly happy with this
      situation. I have a Standard C558A Dual Band Handi Talkie (Purchased
      new in the early 90's, $550) That still looks like new and works
      perfectly, and it gets WAY more use than the scanner.

      Bob Arenella