Re: [BCD396XT] Public Safety Scanning

  • Ken Mohrhardt
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 23, 2013
      Thanks worked for me had same problem

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 23, 2013, at 9:23 AM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:

      Func L/O should have worked until you reset the power.

      Make sure you are on that search when you press FUNC.

      Joe M.

      Mike wrote:
      > Ah, a permanent lockout. Had not thought of that. I did L/O and Func + L/O
      > and it still kept going.
      >

      > Thanks. Appreciate the help.
      >

      > Mike

    • Didit Pradipto
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 5, 2013
        hi joe,
        Refer to your reply, by doing what you have suggested: would it lock-out only one frequency at the time we hit L/O L/O, or will lock-out band (PS) where the frequency belong to?
        thanks!
        didit

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
          Just using the L/O button would lock out a single frequency (or TG).
          FUNC before the L/O button would lock out the current System (or Search).

          Joe M.

          Didit Pradipto wrote:

          > hi joe,
          > Refer to your reply, by doing what you have suggested: would it lock-out
          > only one frequency at the time we hit L/O L/O, or will lock-out band
          > (PS) where the frequency belong to?
          > thanks!
          > didit
          >

          > MCH <mch@...> wrote:
          >

          > Func L/O should have worked until you reset the power.
          >
          > Make sure you are on that search when you press FUNC.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > Mike wrote:
          > > Ah, a permanent lockout. Had not thought of that. I did L/O and Func
          > + L/O
          > > and it still kept going.
          > >

          > > Thanks. Appreciate the help.
          > >

          > > Mike

        • Doug Augelli
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
            From the sound of it. have you checked to see if a "service search" is enabled? There is one for the PS bands

            My Live Scanner Feed http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14870
            My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

            > Mike wrote:

            >> Every so often my scanner starts scanning/searching
            the Public Safety

            >> band.

            >> I am sure I am some how starting it but more
            importantly I do not know how

            >> to stop it. I've tried going through the menu
            but nothing seems to work.

            >> Any help is greatly appreciated. I get a lot of the
            motorboating noise and

            >> it is very annoying. I do not want it to scan
            search the Public Safety

            >> band.

            >> I use FreeScan and have looked for a way to shut it
            off there but I have

            >> not

            >> been successful.

            >> Thanks in advance for your help.

            >> Mike

            Release Date: 09/22/13

            >> 13:13:00

            Release Date: 09/22/13 13:13:00

          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013

              I have done this but now it says that the Lockouts are full.  I can’t find in the manual what the maximum lockout is.

              Mike wrote:

              > Ah, a permanent lockout. Had not thought of that. I did L/O and Func + L/O
              > and it still kept going.
              >

              > Thanks. Appreciate the help.
              >

              > Mike

            • Doug Augelli
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Freescan_Service_Search.
                ..make sure you have it set to LO

                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 2:31 PM

                From the sound of it. have you checked to see if a
                "service search" is enabled? There is one for the
                PS bands

                My Live Scanner Feed
                http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14870

                My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

                > Mike wrote:

                >> Every so often my scanner starts
                scanning/searching

                the Public Safety

                >> band.

                >> I am sure I am some how starting it but more

                importantly I do not know how

                >> to stop it. I've tried going through the
                menu

                but nothing seems to work.

                >> Any help is greatly appreciated. I get a lot of
                the

                motorboating noise and

                >> it is very annoying. I do not want it to scan

                search the Public Safety

                >> band.

                >> I use FreeScan and have looked for a way to shut
                it

                off there but I have

                >> not

                >> been successful.

                >> Thanks in advance for your help.

                >> Mike

                -

                Release Date: 09/22/13

                >> 13:13:00

                Release Date: 09/22/13 13:13:00

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                  I looked for that checkbox but it (FreeScan) had every other band but that.
                  That is why I asked for help.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                    If you want to lockout the entire search, use FUNC L/O

                    You won't have enough room to lock out
                    every individual frequency in a search.

                    Joe M.

                    Kevin wrote:

                    > I have done this but now it says that the Lockouts are full. I can’t
                    > find in the manual what the maximum lockout is.

                  • Doug Augelli
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                      it's the first on on the list, above News, in the Freescan Service tab

                      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                      Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 3:05 PM

                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                        Thank you!

                        Kevin wrote:

                        > I have done this but now it says that the Lockouts are full. I can't
                        > find in the manual what the maximum lockout is.

                      • Beauregard Waller
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 10, 2013
                          I am missing something here, why would you use the L/O rather than turn off
                          the service/channel??

                          JohnW

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 10, 2013
                            It's quicker and easier for effectively the same result.

                            Joe M.