Re: [BCD396XT] Public Safety Scanning

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 22, 2013
      When it is searching the PS band, hit
      "FUNC L/O L/O" and it will lock it out.

      Joe M.

      Mike wrote:
      > Every so often my scanner starts scanning/searching the Public Safety band.
      > I am sure I am some how starting it but more importantly I do not know how
      > to stop it. I've tried going through the menu but nothing seems to work.
      > Any help is greatly appreciated. I get a lot of the motorboating noise and
      > it is very annoying. I do not want it to scan search the Public Safety band.
      > I use FreeScan and have looked for a way to shut it off there but I have not
      > been successful.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for your help.
      >
      > Mike

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 23, 2013
        Ah, a permanent lockout. Had not thought of that. I did L/O and Func + L/O
        and it still kept going.

        Thanks. Appreciate the help.

        Mike

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 23, 2013
          Func L/O should have worked until you reset the power.

          Make sure you are on that search when you press FUNC.

          Joe M.

          Mike wrote:
          > Ah, a permanent lockout. Had not thought of that. I did L/O and Func + L/O
          > and it still kept going.
          >

          > Thanks. Appreciate the help.
          >

          > Mike

        • Ken Mohrhardt
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 23, 2013
            Thanks worked for me had same problem

            Sent from my iPad

            Mike wrote:
            > Ah, a permanent lockout. Had not thought of that. I did L/O and Func + L/O
            > and it still kept going.
            >

            > Thanks. Appreciate the help.
            >

            > Mike

          • Didit Pradipto
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 5, 2013
              hi joe,
              Refer to your reply, by doing what you have suggested: would it lock-out only one frequency at the time we hit L/O L/O, or will lock-out band (PS) where the frequency belong to?
              thanks!
              didit

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                Just using the L/O button would lock out a single frequency (or TG).
                FUNC before the L/O button would lock out the current System (or Search).

                Joe M.

                Didit Pradipto wrote:

                > hi joe,
                > Refer to your reply, by doing what you have suggested: would it lock-out
                > only one frequency at the time we hit L/O L/O, or will lock-out band
                > (PS) where the frequency belong to?
                > thanks!
                > didit
                >

                > MCH <mch@...> wrote:
                >

                > Func L/O should have worked until you reset the power.
                >
                > Make sure you are on that search when you press FUNC.
                >
                > Joe M.
                >
                > Mike wrote:
                > > Ah, a permanent lockout. Had not thought of that. I did L/O and Func
                > + L/O
                > > and it still kept going.
                > >

                > > Thanks. Appreciate the help.
                > >

                > > Mike

              • Doug Augelli
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                  From the sound of it. have you checked to see if a "service search" is enabled? There is one for the PS bands

                  My Live Scanner Feed http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14870
                  My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

                  > Mike wrote:

                  >> Every so often my scanner starts scanning/searching
                  the Public Safety

                  >> band.

                  >> I am sure I am some how starting it but more
                  importantly I do not know how

                  >> to stop it. I've tried going through the menu
                  but nothing seems to work.

                  >> Any help is greatly appreciated. I get a lot of the
                  motorboating noise and

                  >> it is very annoying. I do not want it to scan
                  search the Public Safety

                  >> band.

                  >> I use FreeScan and have looked for a way to shut it
                  off there but I have

                  >> not

                  >> been successful.

                  >> Thanks in advance for your help.

                  >> Mike

                  Release Date: 09/22/13

                  >> 13:13:00

                  Release Date: 09/22/13 13:13:00

                • Kevin
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013

                    I have done this but now it says that the Lockouts are full.  I can’t find in the manual what the maximum lockout is.

                    Mike wrote:

                    > Ah, a permanent lockout. Had not thought of that. I did L/O and Func + L/O
                    > and it still kept going.
                    >

                    > Thanks. Appreciate the help.
                    >

                    > Mike

                  • Doug Augelli
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                      http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Freescan_Service_Search.
                      ..make sure you have it set to LO

                      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 2:31 PM

                      From the sound of it. have you checked to see if a
                      "service search" is enabled? There is one for the
                      PS bands

                      My Live Scanner Feed
                      http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14870

                      My Live Weather Page: http://www.wirebridgeweather.com

                      > Mike wrote:

                      >> Every so often my scanner starts
                      scanning/searching

                      the Public Safety

                      >> band.

                      >> I am sure I am some how starting it but more

                      importantly I do not know how

                      >> to stop it. I've tried going through the
                      menu

                      but nothing seems to work.

                      >> Any help is greatly appreciated. I get a lot of
                      the

                      motorboating noise and

                      >> it is very annoying. I do not want it to scan

                      search the Public Safety

                      >> band.

                      >> I use FreeScan and have looked for a way to shut
                      it

                      off there but I have

                      >> not

                      >> been successful.

                      >> Thanks in advance for your help.

                      >> Mike

                      -

                      Release Date: 09/22/13

                      >> 13:13:00

                      Release Date: 09/22/13 13:13:00

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                        I looked for that checkbox but it (FreeScan) had every other band but that.
                        That is why I asked for help.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                          If you want to lockout the entire search, use FUNC L/O

                          You won't have enough room to lock out
                          every individual frequency in a search.

                          Joe M.

                          Kevin wrote:

                          > I have done this but now it says that the Lockouts are full. I can’t
                          > find in the manual what the maximum lockout is.

                        • Doug Augelli
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                            it's the first on on the list, above News, in the Freescan Service tab

                            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                            Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 3:05 PM

                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 6, 2013
                              Thank you!

                              Kevin wrote:

                              > I have done this but now it says that the Lockouts are full. I can't
                              > find in the manual what the maximum lockout is.

                            • Beauregard Waller
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 10, 2013
                                I am missing something here, why would you use the L/O rather than turn off
                                the service/channel??

                                JohnW

                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 10, 2013
                                  It's quicker and easier for effectively the same result.

                                  Joe M.