Re: [BCD396XT] PROGRAMING

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2013
      Bob,

      You can likely find some local help on the TRAMAlist group.

      RKEITH1@... wrote:

      > MY 88 year young mom has had scanners aslong as I can remember i ordered
      > the BCD396XT Digital Scanner I know nothing about programming I need a
      > book BCD396XT Digital Scanner FOR DUMMIES lol Any help appreciated Thx
      > Bob ALTOONA PA

    • Scott West
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2013

        Bob,

        http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT

        See the easier to read manual for the BCD396XT:

        http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml

        Most likely want to use software and a cable to program,

        This article from Uniden’s Paul Opitz about trunking is good reading:

        http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/c/c7/Trunking_description.pdf

        This article from Uniden’s Paul Opitz about scanner programming is good reading:

        http://www.grove-ent.com/SCANNERPROGRAMMING.htm

        Also take a look at the following about Uniden Dynamic Memory Architecture (DMA) scanners:

        http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_DMA_FAQ

        Hope that these help,

        Scott