PROGRAMING

  • bucky1077us
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2013

      MY 88 year young mom has had scanners aslong as I can remember i ordered the  BCD396XT Digital Scanner I know nothing about programming I need a book  BCD396XT Digital Scanner FOR DUMMIES lol Any help appreciated Thx Bob ALTOONA PA

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2013
        Bob,

        You can likely find some local help on the TRAMAlist group.

        RKEITH1@... wrote:

        > MY 88 year young mom has had scanners aslong as I can remember i ordered
        > the BCD396XT Digital Scanner I know nothing about programming I need a
        > book BCD396XT Digital Scanner FOR DUMMIES lol Any help appreciated Thx
        > Bob ALTOONA PA

      • Scott West
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2013

          Bob,

          http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT

          See the easier to read manual for the BCD396XT:

          http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml

          Most likely want to use software and a cable to program,

          This article from Uniden’s Paul Opitz about trunking is good reading:

          http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/c/c7/Trunking_description.pdf

          This article from Uniden’s Paul Opitz about scanner programming is good reading:

          http://www.grove-ent.com/SCANNERPROGRAMMING.htm

          Also take a look at the following about Uniden Dynamic Memory Architecture (DMA) scanners:

          http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_DMA_FAQ

          Hope that these help,

          Scott