Question on comparing the HP1 to the 396XT

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10 4:15 AM
      I just got my HP1 back from UNIDEN repair. I dropped it and bent the antenna connector. I asked that the front panel (cosmetic damage) be replaced and the antenna connector be straightened and the radio to be checked for proper operation as it did not seem to receive as well as my 396XT. So I set the HP1 next to my 396XT and noticed very descernable white noise along with the signal on my local PD freq on the HP1. The 396XT received the same signals without the white noise. The HP1 also is displaying an odd audio problem - it sounds like feedback one would hear when listening to a transmitter that is in close proxcimity to another receiver, sending both the originating transmission and picking up the audio of the receiver close it it. I turn the volume down to try and eliminate it, thinking I am overloading the audio section with a strong signal but in some cases it does not work. I never had this before I sent the radio in for repairs, both before and after I dropped it. The radio did not give me the feedback effect after the drop, my asking to have the receiver checked in additon to the cosmetic repairs was just something I expected it would need after the new antenna connection work was performed.

      Anybody else seeing differences between these two radios? I might just wait until a newer version of the HP1 comes on the market instead of returning my current one for repair again, sending it in after the new one arrives.

      Bill
    • KenBarnsda
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10 9:07 AM
        Try running it by UP-man  aka finger;)
        He might have suggestion.
        It could be something simple.
        I would personally wait for the new scanner/s to come out.
        Cheers