RE: best software for programming

  • munjaea7
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 6, 2013

      UPman thanks for the link and suggestions... Clark, I agree. I bought my scanner about 100 less than they sell for and am ok with using the extra savings for good software. Alot of times there is free software for alot of things we buy so I thought maybe there might be for this too. This is a niche interest so that may not be the case here. I have found that I like the instructional videos on ARC XT I found on youtube. I will probably purchase that unless anyone has tried it and has something else they think is better or easier to use for the novice/new user... Once again, thanks for all the posts... Whatever I use I plan to post some youtube vids to show how to use and promote the product. Sorry I didn't post sooner, I think Yahoo groups were down for a while this afternoon...

      --- In bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com, <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

      I also prefer and use ARC XT Pro, from here.
      http://www.butel.nl/

      Clark

      At 10:16 AM 9/6/2013, you wrote:

      I used ARC basic with my 296 and was quite happy so I went with ARC xt for my 396 am so far I'm not disappointed

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 5, 2013, at 7:05 PM, <crosson1@...
      > wrote:

      I have just ordered my BCD396xt and hope to have it Saturday. I figure it will be easier to program with software rather than the unit... ??? If there is a good free software that makes it easy please let me know. If not I will study the entries here on how to program them.
      thanks,
      Shannan
    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 7, 2013

        I second Ken’s suggestion.  Just had issues with the Sacramento County radio system as there are limits to trunk groups on the scanner and their group has so many more.  Still trying to work it out.

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 7, 2013
          On 8/09/13 7:57 AM, John Stark wrote:
          That's like asking which truck is best for pulling. a trailer. You will get 50 different answers to that question. In reality the answer can only come from you not us.
          BTW, my choice is Dodge...lol
          And FreeScan for the scanner...
          Agree on the concept, and down here there's a whole swag of trucks to choose from from all over the world! :)  As for scanners, I use Freescan, because I like it, it does what I need, and hasn't let me down.  I concur with everyone else's suggestions.  Try one (or better yet, both) of the programs suggested, weigh them up, see which one best meets your needs (features, cost, etc), and settle on that one.

          --
          73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
          http://vkradio.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 9, 2013
            I use the Butel ARC software for all my scanners and have always received
            good support from them.

            boykin logo 5-15-13

            Boykin Roseborough

            4051 Florentine Road