Programming Elmer in the Sacramento/Bay Area?

  • overthepole
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2013
      Morning,

      Say, would anyone be willing to spend a few minutes on the phone answering some programming questions for me? I just got my BCD396XT and I seem to have the conventional world working, but have a few questions on the digi side.

      For example, I have a digi system set up, when I TX on one of the freqs, the scanner shows the title and signal strength but doesn't open the squelch. If I hold on the same channel and TX, the audio passes. Not sure why it doesn't stop in scan, must have a bit flipped. Also could use some help understanding the various tags, ID's, quick keys and such.

      I downloaded the various manuals and helpers that folks have penned and that got me going. I figure a few minutes on the phone would save a few hours digging and trial and error etc.

      Any help appreciated, you can answer offline if you prefer. Thanks!

      73 de Jeffrey/W6JP