Re: [BCD396XT] RE: cellular carriers are not ready to replace public safety radio

  • Jm Adams
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 30, 2013
      Tony: I'm been missing signs since playing little league baseball in the 50s , I'll probably miss a few more before they shovel dirt in my face regards Bdad

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 30, 2013, at 3:28 AM, Tony Langdon <vk3jed@...> wrote:

      > On 29/08/13 12:19 PM, Jm Adams wrote:
      >> Tony:
      >>
      >> Where is over here ? I'm in San Diego county, so far as I know law enforcement isn't encrypted here
      > I did send an obvious sign on the bottom of my message. :D I'm in
      > Australia. In Melbourne, the police have been encrypted since 2006
      > (their network was upgraded in time for the 2006 Commonwealth Games).
      > The encryption hasn't spread to the rural areas yet, this far out of
      > town they are still running analog FM.
      >
      > --
      > 73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
      > http://vkradio.com

    • Tony Langdon
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 31, 2013
        On 31/08/13 12:42 AM, John Stark wrote:
        > That "obvious" sign is only good for hams it those who understand the call sign otherwise it wouldn't be that obvious...
        Sorry, forgot which group I was in. This sort of discussion usually
        happens in another (ham) group :D

        --
        73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
        http://vkradio.com