Re: [BCD396XT] paul, i admit defeat ...

  • Guy Teague
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 24, 2013
      well, the bottom line here is that, for a short period of time, i needed my
      radio to perform the single basic function that even the most basic radio
      is designed to do--receive a single frequency. and i was unable to set it
      to do that single basic function despite 50 years of radio experience, 30
      years of computer experience, and a half dozen years with this and the
      previous model simply because i'd forgotten one keystroke command.

      there is no doubt that is a FAIL, but whether you put the blame for that on
      me or on the radio designer is up to you, but i'm able to figure out how to
      do this supposedly simple task on nearly every other radio i've ever had my
      hands on and it was extremely frustrating to not to be able to do it on the
      396xt because some programmer decided that the /hold/ key was just as good
      as an /enter/ key.

      /guy 73 de kg5vt

      --
      There is only one God--His name is Death. And there is only one thing we
      say to Death: 'Not today'. Syrio Forel - A Game of Thrones ~George R.R.

    • Jeffry Rehm
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 25, 2013
        Very cool idea. Thinking outside the box is sometimes productive. Kind of like listening in on an older analog trunking system on a non trunk tracker scanner. Just throw in the frequencies and listen. And to find out you get, for the most part, better/farther reception. Cool.